Google Android

zxxgp

Website
Visit site
I did a quick search to see if this topic had been discussed before and I did not really find much. I just wanted to know if anybody here plans in developing anything for the Android platform and if you think the platform is going to go anywhere.

rizzn.com snaps on mobilitysite.com of the tmobile g1 first android phone. Damn, that's hot, think it said 199.
windowslivewritertmobileg1makesandappearanceonlineandstre-836dt-mobile-g1-itw-1-ce135fb7-6cb2-4812-9263-4b430a2c1b4f.jpg

zxxgp said:
I did a quick search to see if this topic had been discussed before and I did not really find much. I just wanted to know if anybody here plans in developing anything for the Android platform and if you think the platform is going to go anywhere.
So far, Android is one of the few hopes of getting Linux mainstreamed, so I'll support it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant for the title to say google android not good android. Me and my bad typing.

edit: thank you for changing it.

Too bad for using only java to develop on it :(

Althrough they hava nice SDK with working browser/google maps and e.t.c.

Sphinxter said:
quasist said:
Too bad for using only java to develop on it :(

Althrough they hava nice SDK with working browser/google maps and e.t.c.
True, but on the other hand sometimes it amazes me just how much you can do in java.

From what I understand it is its own version of Java and it does not meet the java spec but I could be wrong on that fact. I have not looked at the SDK myself. Correct me if i am wrong.

zxxgp said:
From what I understand it is its own version of Java and it does not meet the java spec but I could be wrong on that fact. I have not looked at the SDK myself. Correct me if i am wrong.
There some articles about that.

I just like the fact that is any phone on Google Android is 20% cheaper because of the OS.

Back