Got My Pandora. First Impressions.

I don't own that game, and I don't like RPGs, so I'm afraid I can't answer that. :p

(btw Prometheus -- promise me you'll hit Select -> About one of these days, in minimenu, okay?)
Re-quoting this for context... I just tried it. :) That's so awesome. Big, big smile on my face just seeing that.

Prometheus said:
I don't own that game, and I don't like RPGs, so I'm afraid I can't answer that. :p

(btw Prometheus -- promise me you'll hit Select -> About one of these days, in minimenu, okay?)
Re-quoting this for context... I just tried it. :) That's so awesome. Big, big smile on my face just seeing that.

I looked at that, but don't get the joke.
:huh:

Oh right, it works now!

:D Brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing LEDS :blink:

Craig needs crack the whip harder on the production line because thats unacceptable...

The LEDs are there. It's just the frosted plastic that isn't, on one side. :p

You can run minimenu from xfce if you like:

open terminal and enter "mmwrapper -fmmenu" and you're good to go. You could create a .desktop or sh-script to launch it; I noted that in another thread so I think someone will be whipping up a .desktop..

In fact, it should be exactly:

Create "minimenu.desktop", stick it into ~/Desktop or /usr/share/applications (say)

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Minimenu
Exec=mmwrapper -fmmenu

That's it; in fact, I whipped it up, so just download it, and then put it onyour SD, and then copy it where you want it.

http://www.codejedi....inimenu.desktop

Be sure to also apply the minimenu patch, so tghe preview pic caching works right:
http://www.codejedi....dmy20100530.pnd

edit: Oh, use this one instead: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53961-guide-launch-minimenu-from-xfce-with-icon/

jeff

Prometheus said:
The LEDs are there. It's just the frosted plastic that isn't, on one side. :p

I can send you a replacement retina if you want, or does your eye still work?

skeezix said:
You can run minimenu from xfce if you like:

open terminal and enter "mmwrapper -fmmenu" and you're good to go. You could create a .desktop or sh-script to launch it; I noted that in another thread so I think someone will be whipping up a .desktop..

In fact, it should be exactly:

Create "minimenu.desktop", stick it into ~/Desktop or /usr/share/applications (say)

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Minimenu
Exec=mmwrapper -fmmenu

That's it; in fact, I whipped it up, so just download it, and then put it onyour SD, and then copy it where you want it.

http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/minimenu/patches/minimenu.desktop

Be sure to also apply the minimenu patch, so tghe preview pic caching works right:
http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/minimenu/patches/mmenu-patch-dmy20100530.pnd

jeff

Damn. And I thought I was being helpful.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53961-guide-launch-minimenu-from-xfce-with-icon/

:huh:

Oh, didn't see that; I'll remove my link, since my is not typed in right anyway (forgets to put a Type in, and bad Category line :)

Everyone, use his instead ;)

jeff

cept the name 'Xfce Minimenu' isn't correct; just 'Minimenu' or perhaps 'Run Minimenu'; it'll work with any WM/DE, not just xfce :)

Editted my link to be your file; put the link into your post, so people can download it without typing :)

skeezix said:
Oh, didn't see that; I'll remove my link, since my is not typed in right anyway (forgets to put a Type in, and bad Category line :)

Everyone, use his instead ;)

jeff

cept the name 'Xfce Minimenu' isn't correct; just 'Minimenu' or perhaps 'Run Minimenu'; it'll work with any WM/DE, not just xfce :)

Editted my link to be your file; put the link into your post, so people can download it without typing :)

Ah right, well I was referring to it as a launcher for minimenu within xfce, if you catch my drift? So Xfce Minimenu can to mind.

I can edit it out if you want?

EDIT: Done it already to match your file.

(sorry Prometheus to keep hijacking :) -- SG99 -- whatever :) Thanks for writing up some guides.

So far, people are being really helpful, one of the things that really made our forums stand out. Woot :)

Prometheus -- great review btw; in depth, but casual :)

(And guys, jeesh, get over it.. shes a girl, a chick, theres 52% of the worlds population there!)

(and if P takes that as a insult, if she likes the attention, then well, uh, remembers, theres only 1 Prometheus! Ah shit, how did I get into this mess.)

<backs away>

jeff

I see the MM avatar and think Prometheus is a boy, have to keep being reminded that she's a girl. I see some guys avatars and think they're girls also so I never say anything because I might look stupid.

second exodous said:
I see the MM avatar and think Prometheus is a boy, have to keep being reminded that she's a girl. I see some guys avatars and think they're girls also so I never say anything because I might look stupid.

The avatar is a picture of her husband. I told you she was on medication!

SomeGuy99 said:
second exodous said:

The avatar is a picture of her husband. I told you she was on medication!
If she's married to MM I think it would be best for you to stop making fun of her. . .

Ok, laughing really hard here, guys. :lol:

Don't worry about the hijacking, useful stuff comes out of conversations that spring up like that. :p

wait. What happens when you press select -> about?!?!

You get sucked into the video game world, like in the old Captain N cartoons.

second exodous said:
If she's married to MM I think it would be best for you to stop making fun of her. . .

He's more bothered about his work. The guy has a lot of evil robots to beat, so that's understandable. He is saving the world and stuff on a regular basis, so you can't fault him for that.

Girls love him because he's a robot; his arms are robotic. Know what I mean? Eh? Nudge nudge. They're all waiting for him to beat that big boss with three vibration settings.

Prometheus said:
Ok, laughing really hard here, guys. :lol:

Don't worry about the hijacking, useful stuff comes out of conversations that spring up like that. :p

Like the suggestion that you need to see a psychologist? Yeah.

I just did a tiny sticking out tongue smiley then. You don't see it? Try looking closer... no... much closer... if you wait long enough you'll definitely see it. No? You must be mad then. All the proof I needed.

Back