Gotta Love Craigs Mailshot!

xafier

Website
www.xafiers-home.com
I had a GP32, then I got bored of it, then I got an email from Craig and I got a GP2X, and I had to sell it due to student related poorness!

Yet again I get an email from Craig and it mentions another new handheld... and I think I'm going to have to buy it :D This thing looks great, and its everything that I would have loved in the GP2X... personally I think the GP2X was a bit of a let down, dunno what they did with the later revisions of it as I had an original one

Anyways, when are these things going on sale? I want one now!

Oh, and hello to all the people I've not spoken to in well over a year like Squidge and DJWillis etc etc :) (assuming they're still around??)

Well, now everyone has a stick up their anus. I will copy and paste a post I made the other day:

me said:
In before shitstorm. Quick, get out, dude, you've made a huge mistake. You've come to a web forum and asked other people for assistance - that's probably the biggest social faux-pas you can be responsible for online. It's like climbing up the ladder into a treehouse filled with the "No Girls" club when your name is Stephanie.
This is an internet community. You'll never find people on here who have any interest or desire to take 3 seconds to type an answer to your questions. Instead you'll only find people who will take 20 seconds to berate you for "wasting their time" with a question that can be answered if you hunt around yourself.

That guy who wants to write up a guide to using forums and wikis is a perfect example. Rather than waste time to say "yes, thats an accurate release date" or "nah, its still not sure" he will instead take an entire afternoon out of making and playing games to type up something pointless that exists only to feed his tiny self-important ego. (By the way, since when has there ever been a set of rules for using the internet? Stop being such control freaks before you die from cardiac arrest).

You should run away from this board before its too late. I've erred by logging into my account to say these things - the pack is guaranteed to set upon me with flamethrowers at any moment.
The answer to your question is, yes, thats as accurate as most of us know, but I have also heard some things about it being released later.
Anyway, I think I hear the first angry retort to the above hurtling towards me, so I'm going to get out of here while I'm still alive.

In summary: never ask forum nerds for advice, they'll just get angry and start insulting you.

And before I go: To the guys who get fed up with these posts: How can you complain about people wasting your time with repeat questions when you're spending enough time sitting on this board to notice them in the first place? That seems to me like hypocrisy. It's kind of laughable that people who spend large portions of their days posting on a message board can even fathom the idea of wasted time to begin with. You yourselves are wastes of time.

Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha I thought I'd better mention the pandora in the newsletter for all the people who might have managed to have avoided hearing anything about it. Welcome, read up and enjoy :)

I think I've recieved an email from you once or twice before, but they were about new versions of the GP2X, which didnt interest me... but you've now excited me with a new toy, and I will have my name down for a Pandora when you put them up Mr Craig ;) I've bought everything else from you before, I love to tinker, even if I get bored after a year or two!

xafier said:
Oh, and hello to all the people I've not spoken to in well over a year like Squidge and DJWillis etc etc :) (assuming they're still around??)
Those guys are behind this thing too.

xafier said:
Anyways, when are these things going on sale? I want one now!
Release date is TBD. For details, I suggest reading this thread (specifically this post). And there's plenty more info in the FAQ, which is linked in my sig.

PoisonedV said:
Well, now everyone has a stick up their anus. I will copy and paste a post I made the other day:

me said:
In before shitstorm. Quick, get out, dude, you've made a huge mistake. You've come to a web forum and asked other people for assistance - that's probably the biggest social faux-pas you can be responsible for online. It's like climbing up the ladder into a treehouse filled with the "No Girls" club when your name is Stephanie.
This is an internet community. You'll never find people on here who have any interest or desire to take 3 seconds to type an answer to your questions. Instead you'll only find people who will take 20 seconds to berate you for "wasting their time" with a question that can be answered if you hunt around yourself.

That guy who wants to write up a guide to using forums and wikis is a perfect example. Rather than waste time to say "yes, thats an accurate release date" or "nah, its still not sure" he will instead take an entire afternoon out of making and playing games to type up something pointless that exists only to feed his tiny self-important ego. (By the way, since when has there ever been a set of rules for using the internet? Stop being such control freaks before you die from cardiac arrest).

You should run away from this board before its too late. I've erred by logging into my account to say these things - the pack is guaranteed to set upon me with flamethrowers at any moment.
The answer to your question is, yes, thats as accurate as most of us know, but I have also heard some things about it being released later.
Anyway, I think I hear the first angry retort to the above hurtling towards me, so I'm going to get out of here while I'm still alive.

In summary: never ask forum nerds for advice, they'll just get angry and start insulting you.

And before I go: To the guys who get fed up with these posts: How can you complain about people wasting your time with repeat questions when you're spending enough time sitting on this board to notice them in the first place? That seems to me like hypocrisy. It's kind of laughable that people who spend large portions of their days posting on a message board can even fathom the idea of wasted time to begin with. You yourselves are wastes of time.

Have fun.
Maybe you should try a smaller stick without the bark for less irritation.

Hi xafier. I also missed the whole GP2X generation (my GP32 hasn't broken yet, and it can do most of what a GP2X can do, barring some important things like touchscreen and GBA emulation), but I'm excited about getting a Pandora. For one thing, because my gp32_console stick no longer does diagonals. :p

imprompt said:
Incidentally how does one get onto the mailing list?
I think if it is if you buy something from www.gp2x.co.uk or www.gbax.com. These are Craigs sites. You can sign up at the main Pandora site too for mailing info :)

Esn said:
Hi xafier. I also missed the whole GP2X generation (my GP32 hasn't broken yet, and it can do most of what a GP2X can do, barring some important things like touchscreen and GBA emulation), but I'm excited about getting a Pandora. For one thing, because my gp32_console stick no longer does diagonals. :p
I didn't exactly miss the GP2X generation, I just had one of the original ones and I had to sell it before things got really good for it, no doubt the emulators are really polished now and GBA emulation didnt exist when I had mine, neither did touchscreen!

I'm also looking forward to the Pandora, having one big powerful CPU should be much better than the silly GP2X dual CPU setup, and the hardware 3D should be GREAT :)

Back