Gp 32 Host Program

darkman

darkman unmasked!
Website
www.vci.net
I just got my GP32 yesterday and now I cannot get on to the Gamepark home site. It seems to be closed down. I was needing the PC link host program. Is there any other way that I can get my GP32 set up to run emulators? :eek:

You can check out my site in my sig for lots of info.

GPmanager is right here:http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,15,852

Do you have a Non-lit, FLU, or BLU? What firmware are you using (what's it look like)?

For homebrew/emus, either format your SMC with GPmanager or make a folder called GPMM and put them in that folder (better instruction are usually included in the software's readme.)

shinneri posted on Aug 16 2005 at 11:30 AM said:
You can check out my site in my sig for lots of info.

GPmanager is right here:http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,15,852

Do you have a Non-lit, FLU, or BLU? What firmware are you using (what's it look like)?

For homebrew/emus, either format your SMC with GPmanager or make a folder called GPMM and put them in that folder (better instruction are usually included in the software's readme.)

I have the non lit version. :blink: I don't know how to tell what filmware I am using. Give me a hint. I am really a newbie at this. I am downloading the GPmanager. I hope that it will work "OK" with the non lit unit that I have. My unit is preowned. The 128 meg SMC that came with it has GP32 free llauncher and Movie Park on it. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, like I said, this site's for you :p: Gamepark newbie

Tell me if your screen looks like the image here when you turn it on: http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/faq.htm#Q8

If it doesn't you're good. Make a folder on your SMC called GPMM and put the emulators or homebrews in that folder. They usually come with instruction in there readmes, like where to place the roms and stuff.

If it does look like that, I would suggest you flash your firmware to one that does support free software : http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/firmware.htm

Sorry, I can't give a more in-depth explanation right now; I'm a little busy. This is a good question, so I'll write up a guide sometime today/tonight for you and upload it to Gamepark newbie. ;)

shinneri posted on Aug 16 2005 at 12:19 PM said:
Okay at like I said at this site's for you :p: Gamepark newbie

Tell me if your screen looks like the image here when you turn it on: http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/faq.htm#Q8

If it doesn't you're good. Make a folder on your SMC called GPMM and put the emulators or homebrews in that folder. They usually come with instruction in there readmes, like where to place the roms and stuff.

If it does look like that, I would suggest you flash your firmware to one that does support free software : http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/firmware.htm

Sorry, I can't give a more in-depth explanation right now; I'm a little busy. This is a good question, so I'll write up a guide sometime today/tonight for you and upload it to Gamepark newbie. ;)

Yes it looks just like that! Is that a very bad sign? :eek:

It means you have the original firmware. I have the original firmware also. Its not terribly bad, its just not very good either. It will still play everything fine, its just somewhat of a pain to use (you have to get free launcher and stuff. You say you already have that so you don't need to worry). I would recommend getting a program called gpdrive and putting it in gpmm. THen, instead of using gameparks buggy file transfter manager, whenever you need to transfer files go to freelauncher and run gpdrive. THEN when its loaded, plug your gp32 into your computer. Your computer will automatically detect it (at least if you have windows xp) and will display it as a mass storage device. Then you can just use windows file explorer to copy all of the files you want onto it. Make sure that when you are done you press select on the gp32, otherwise you could corrupt (screw up) your smc (smart media card). Hope that helps.

BE SURE to backup the Freelauncher from your SMC on your PC!
You CAN'T PLAY ANYTHING ANYMORE if you lose the freelauncher, unless you flash your GP to a newer firmware (which can also only be done if you still have the freelauncher)

EvilDragon posted on Aug 16 2005 at 03:54 PM said:
which can also only be done if you still have the freelauncher
Oh, I didn't know that.. Thanks for the info, ED. :p

Use gpCinema (linked to on my site) instead of moviepark. In order to run the emus and such, you have to first run freelauncher.. then it'll give you a list of apps that you have on your card (the stuff that that you have put in the GPMM folder).

If you want to be bold and update your firmware to something better (which is probably a good idea), go here and search around the boards a bit if you need more info.

Where can u even find moviepark anymore. . . i havnt heard that name in a while

EDIT: I also reccommend getting an SMC reader for faster transfers. Get the Gp32 package extracter to extract ZPK files.

shinneri posted on Aug 16 2005 at 10:36 PM said:
Did this all answer your question, darkman?
Sorry for my absence. I had to do some crazy things, like go to work and sleep. ;) Yes I think my question was answered. I now have to get my GP to link up. All I get from it is "now waiting." Windows has finally admitted that it has a GamePark 32 attached. But that is all. I had to download and install USB drivers to get that. I am running Windows ME on a partition of my hard drive. I do have a question. What do I use to make the GPMM folder? I have tried to start the launcher. It starts but all I get from it is a window with this message, "FXE (korean language) A (korean language). I want to try to use the original filmware. There is a little fear of the flash thing.

EDITED: Success!! :D The GPmanager that comes with blu does work on the old non-lit unit!! I have not tried to format with it yet, only used it to transfer files. Files are a simple drag and drop!! Very fast! I am now playing with the GPengine :lol: :lol: :lol: Joy! Thank you for all the help. This GP32 is amazing! :rolleyes:

Back