GP rebooting

Freakdoom

Still Fresh
Ok i've followed several guides on here and the movies make my GP reboot. Ive tried the demo files from the gp cinema site and they work fine.. Anyone got any ideas? :\

Yup, I make my own movies, takes a little extra effort.

Use virtualdub to pull the audio out of your movie, or some other tool if its not an avi.
Encode your audio with winlame! There is a tool out there to make mp3s look like wav files for virtualdub, Ill post it if you are interested. Make sure your xvid is the one from www.entware.com or joygp (not just any xvid)!

Works well for me, I size all of my movies with virtualdub at 320 *240,
and my audio is always mono, 11khz, 48kbps or lower. Winlame is awesome quality!!!
Also, I use decimate by 2 so fps is like 13 or so.

Mth411

Good luck

I can't find the xvid codec from there... Can you link me directly, or tell me where to go?

Go to the moviepark upgrade for GPCinema, [GP Cinema MPark User Only], at the bottom there are links for xvid and samples, these are still active, the ones on the GP Cinema page for new purchasers are broken ;(
Same files though!

Otherwise click PDS (registration) at the top of JOYGPs page, and you will see it under the latest update at the top of the list.

Have fun.

mth411

right i installed that codec and now when i try to even highlight the file it reboots... i think i may give up, what a waste of money :\

have you tried using the divx 4.12 codec to encode your movies???? I have seen this problem a while back when i first started encoding, dont give up though just keep posting more info. try to encode a small movie into divx 4.12 and see if you can upload that and get back to me with your findings.

Im online all day so we'll try and get you sorted

C3

Ok i managed to convert the ffx movie sample and get it to work, dunno if it was a fluke so trying one of my movies ^_^

it worked using divx 4.12 thx all you guys for your help ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

glad to know your happy, now what to encode. By the way the FFX movie was already encoded (You didnt compress it further did you)?
I'm currently making a few different settings for VDUB, if your interested then post your exact email and I'll add you to the list

C3

u can download moviepark from here

ADMIN NOTE:

Last Warning!! I will ban a *.dialup.pol.co.uk domain (to prevent your re-registering) if you will post warez links again. :angry:
-hando-

johnny god dammit it doesnt work theres a reason you have to register your GP for the download and anyway its a great pieace of software and im more then happy to pay :)

deanollive posted on Dec 3 2003 at 01:53 PM said:
glad to know your happy, now what to encode. By the way the FFX movie was already encoded (You didnt compress it further did you)?
I'm currently making a few different settings for VDUB, if your interested then post your exact email and I'll add you to the list

C3

Last edited by a moderator:
Back