Gp2x And N64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm the only one who didn't mind epicenter.

Besides, a perma ban is pretty harsh. If he was seriously warned before hand that's another story, but some idle threats don't really count. Should have been a month ban, and a severe warning imo

Who said it's permanent?

(Personally, I won't lose any sleep if it is)
His user group changed....doesn't that mean he's been banished from the forum completely?

I agree, it is going to be quiet around here. Kinda like if DaveC were to never come back- same feeling :p

Last edited by a moderator:
no more getting angry reading these boards....

that makes me feel happy....

also im cooking chicken bone soup and its been on for 3 hours another 3 to go!

I must say, it's a bit harsh if he's banned for good. He rarely ever seems to actually insult anyone and such - just mentions the weak points of the 2x louder and louder. But not without emphasising that (crucially) it has its good ones as well. Which is right.

Ok, he errs on the pessimistic side, and he sounds very very sure of himself when he makes his more pessimistic statements, but, well, as long as people don't think he's absolutely right, there's no real harm in that. Except for the repetative aspect of it, but most of the time that gets brought up by other people first (usually asking where Epicenter is with a sarcy comment). If you goad people, do they not post?

Anyway, this is NOTHING to do with the topic, so far as I can tell, so I won't aim to derail any further...

I must say, it's a bit harsh if he's banned for good. He rarely ever seems to actually insult anyone and such - just mentions the weak points of the 2x louder and louder. But not without emphasising that (crucially) it has its good ones as well. Which is right.

Umm...He's been very um...vocal, is that the word? Vocal about his opinions on Craig, his business practises, ethicality and bodyodor, amongst other things. Likewise about other dealers of the GP2x (since they are selling the GP2x they must by definition be crooks), and with GPH themselves. Opinions that I believe would earn you a lawsuit for slander (or whatever it is called, legally) around these parts, particularily if you couldn't show some factual basis to you allegations.

But he has toned that down lately. Which is good. Since we don't know (do we?) if the ban is permanent or what actually caused it this time, it's a bit difficult to get a proper opinion. Me neither has seen anything recently that ought to cause a permanent ban, in my opinion.

Then again, there *is* a problem when he constantly presents his opinions as facts. When he says "The stick is broken and unusable, the whole design is faulty from the ground up and GPH is stealing your money and lying to you", we all know that he really means "I don't very much care for the stick, really, and I'm a bit miffed that my expectations for the system performance wasn't met, and I'd really like to put the blame for that on something other than my own mistake", but what we know doesn't register on Google. Potential GP users might actually believe what he says is factually true.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did have a temporary ban as a warning a month or so ago, but it didn't take him long to start hijacking threads again. People here discuss GP2X/GPH's faults all the time and that's great, but reading someone with a clear agenda rant all day was so tiresome.

aw heck if all his ranting was lines of code he would have pwned all devs in a 1000 mile radius

I'm same as many here. I'm not sure if I agree with a ban, but for now I don't care. That guys was seriously bringing me down :blink: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back