GP2X Gp2x As Gamepad

doofer

Still Fresh
I don't know if this is possible or not, but something that would be kind of nifty would be being able to use the GP2X as a normal gamepad on your computer.

I'm imagining some kind of program that you run on your GP2X which would send out the data needed to make it be recognized as a gamepad by the PC, and keypress info, via the USB cable.

Considering the USB doesn't seem to work well for many users, it might not be possible though (if that's not software related?).

doofer posted on Mar 27 2006 at 06:53 PM said:
I don't know if this is possible or not, but something that would be kind of nifty would be being able to use the GP2X as a normal gamepad on your computer.

I'm imagining some kind of program that you run on your GP2X which would send out the data needed to make it be recognized as a gamepad by the PC, and keypress info, via the USB cable.

Considering the USB doesn't seem to work well for many users, it might not be possible though (if that's not software related?).
It might be better to just use a PC gamepad that was actually designed by someone with a grasp of ergonomics. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone made a small app that did this for the GP32:

Here

... it worked, but that damn clicking ...

Yeah, something like that would be ideal.

I actually prefer the ergonomics of my GP2X to my Sidewinder gamepad, so that's why I would like this. Maybe it's just my hands that are weird though.

If it's not too hard to make, I can't see why it would hurt - it's yet another way to use the GP2X, and that must be a good thing, no? :)

doofer posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:53 PM said:

Sounds like fun!

Additionally it might be possible to display information on the screen as well (just like with the Nintento GameCube / GBA. Off course the app / game which you are using on the PC would have to be designed for that. This would cost someone loads of free time though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back