Gp2x Battery Issues

dilawar987

Still Fresh
hi,

I need some help.

i got battreies uniross AA 2500mah for gp2x f200. the battery just last for 2hrs or less. now is this the normal time it should last or do you get alot more like 5-6hrs.

i need to know as the batteries may be fake, brought it from ebay.
what is the normal time it last for u guys. mainly use 8bit 16 bit emulators, not neo geo or mame.

any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks.

hi

i ran it at normal 200mhz or less. play master system, pc engine and genesis.
what would be the normal time range for this. i use AA 2500mah battery.

Thanks

New or even used 2500mah batteries should last about 3.5-4.5 hours at 200mhz in my experience.

Your charger might be a dumb timed charger that was designed to be used only for the batteries it was sold with. What charger are you using?

At that specifications I'd expect the 2X to use about 500mA. Your batteries are 2500mAh, so thats 5 hours, but you'll never use up the entire battery (the 2X will crash way before then), and batteries typically die faster with higher loads, so about 3.5 to 4 hours.

As already said however, the charger can damage the batteries, so make sure you use a good one. Don't use one of those 15 minute chargers and check to make sure the batteries don't get too hot whilst charging.

If all else fails, try some Ansmann batteries.

I use Uniross 2500s and a Uniross charger that I got from Wilkinsons, and I typically get 4+ hours out of them on my F200.

hi

Thanks for the response.

my charger is a 1-2 hr fast charge (so it says). charging this fast, is it bad for the batteries.

anyway looks like my batteries/charger are fake if they can only manage 2hrs.

Thanks.

Charging the batteries that fast is only a problem if the charger is poorly designed and frys the batteries. Properly designed fast battery chargers take the battery temperature into account when charging fast, but are of course more expensive. This is why most people use slow charging, as it's still quite friendly to the batteries and of course is much cheaper.

Abusing batteries (such as getting them too hot) can reduce there lifetime and amount of charge they can store significantly.

I have 6 pairs of AA rechargable batteries at my disposal (Use them also for my large digital camera too). Once I have used 2 pairs then I put them on a slow charge during the night and are usually ready by morning. Quite handy to have so many... :D

Back