Ni-mh 2600 Batteries Run Out To Fast????

Is it a third party rechargable battery? I wouldn't suggest using anything but energizer or duracell. Main party stuff is much more reliable in battery land. It might not be a bad idea to use the cord when your file xfering too.

Well, first of all, those 7dayshop batteries have a tendancy to be pants. I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum some people saying they were okay, but in my experience, they were rubbish.

They drain rather rapidly in a GP2X, but I am reliably informed by my dad (who I gave them to when I switched to some Energisers) that they work a treat in a telly remote.

But second thing you should be aware of is that a new set of batteries will take several charges to reach maximum capacity. How you treat them in the first few days is crucial. Charge them to the max, and then drain them completely, several times over. You should notice that it takes progressively longer to drain them, until they start reaching the desired 3-5 hour mark (depending on what you're running, of course).

This is a general rule of thumb with rechargeables, though, and probably doesn't apply to your specific set, which I am sorry to say will remain rubbish for all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
someone here this forum told me to buy them, they dont take too long to charge maybe an hour and abit, and only last for that time at most, also when i play snes on gp2x they seem to last long, but as soon as i play GnGeo2x, with any game, for around 5 mins or so, i go to play snes after and see the battery level is near middle? any ideas

i doubt they are fully charged after an hour...
(unless its some sort of speedy charger)
my batterys take about 8 hours to charge in a uniross sprint charger
(longer if i use 2500mah ones)
i find trickle charging to work the best for longevity.

edit
id try that charger on trickle as it states "Charging times will vary from 1 hour to nearly 4 hours according to the type and the specification of batteries used"
they should fully charge then, on my own bats it says the charge times (for a full charge) with a 250ma charger its 16 hours and with a 500ma charger its 7 hours.

my charger has given up the ghost, my 2600's only last 15mins when using uae4all @266.

i got a right head ache trying to work out what charger to get arrrrgh so many options!

i need AA,AAA and 9V. fast charge would be nice and no more than £20-£30

any ideas? im kinda swaying towards the one foft mentioned

i notice, that after the batteries say they are ready, i can take them out put back in again and they charge again, should i just keep do this

He means, if your charger offers both a fast and a slow charge, always use the slow one. Trickle charging is the slow option. It's much better for your batteries.

I don't know which country you live in, or if they even have a Best Buy or Circuit City, but if you can, you should just go there. Most of the people that work there know what the hell they are doing and most things are pretty reliable there. If you don't live in a country with one, there has to be electronic stores around somewhere. It might be a little more expensive, but is it worth some of the hassle of being ripped off by an internet store?

Back