Gp2x caanoo

sukhi2011

I just ordered the new gp2x caanoo console because of neo geo cd emulator and excellent commercial games some emulators and games inc. openbor is better than the pandora console,that's because of better suited to the caanoo and hardware is different to pandora.

Can't wait to check it out.

That's not true some stuff on pandora don't work good but caanoo they work better.

I will explain further look below:

Psx game tempest x3 works on good caanoo,pandora to fast not playable.

neo geo emulators caanoo has both arcade and home versions but pandora just arcade no good for me.

commercial games are caanoo but pandora doesn't have any that's a shame.

It's not do with clamshell ot handheld style that i looked at,i'm ok with both but pandora doesn't seem to have running some games perfect but some run better on caanoo,end of day emulators are all the same but some will have faster gameplay and better compatibility,i always wanted to play asura cross and dragon hunter on caanoo that's why i wanted one plus i will have neo geo cd which is awesome and cool,there are bit difference between caanoo and pandora plus some pc games are better on caanoo then pandora especially descent 2 and final burn alpha emulator,which isn't available on pandora.

Gp2x has always been best console for emulation no doubt about that and still is,believe me some pc games and emulators have better compatibility then pandora,if only it can play n64 emulator.

Can caanoo use 32gb class 10 sdhc memory cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
neo-geo home/arcade? what they are the same (cross compatible) you can get arcade neo-geo games and slot them into the neo-geo home console and it will work so in this case I do not know what you are on about, unless you are reffering to neo-geo cd vs neo-geo cart based games?

Tempest X3 runs perfectly on my Pandora. Not to slow, and not to fast, I play it all the time! I have never tried the Caanoo, but I would imagine PS1 emulation runs 10x better on the Pandora than on Caanoo.

I think the GP2X was a wonderful machine, but the controls sucked, and at the end of the day, it lacked horse power. I even had a Dave C modded unit, and it still doesn't come close to offering the great controls of the Pandora. I'm currently running "Daphne" and "Residual" on my Pandora, and I highly doubt either of these emu's would function as well on the GP2X.

The creator of Daphne was trying to do a GP2X port years ago, and dropped the project due to lack of power(couldn't get Dragons lair to run properly). I loved my 2X, but if I was ever given the choice between that unit and my Pandora, the Pandora would win every time. Sadly there are some great emu's on the 2X that I'm still waiting for on my Pandy, but even if I never see them, the form factor and overall potential of the Pandora just runs rings around anything else out there in the open source field. At least in my opinion! ;)

Chris

Are you jealous that caanoo can play commercial games,well that's a good thing over pandora.

Neo geo cd is home version,is there difference between in home and arcade,yes there is in home version you will have more modes and there are more playable,in arcade games difficulty is hard and no modes,games like art of fighting 2 and samurai shodown 5 are exremely difficult,so having home version you can play easy mode,plus gngeo on caanoo is even awesome plays mvs and cd with home version mode or arcade but pandora neo emulator is not good as caanoo believe me,since i bought the pandora i have never liked neo geo emulator.

For me i want to play home version of neo geo emulator,commercial,freeware games,pc games caanoo has the best.

Well it's best to buy both caanoo and pandora because both systems have their own unique games.

Psx emulation on caanoo is full speed with sound and tempest x3 runs like the real console,it has pcsx4all and pcsx_rearmed emulators both of them look incredible and run fine,only difference different compatibility issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you jealous that caanoo can play commercial games,well that's a good thing over pandora.
I'm not the jealous type, and certainly not over gaming hardware. ;)

Let me put this another way: The Pandora already has several commercial games available. I just named a few for you.

the neo-geo home console has the same archtechture as the arcade machine, they can both run the same carts, you are correct that the home version gave different options but the hardware is the same but the hardware detects that its a home console and supplies these options, also the arcade games can be changed difficulty anway.

what im trying to say is that neo-geo is neo-geo there is no difference (apart from the neo-geo cd version).

I think ocean is just here to troll...I dont mind the opinion that you might think caanoo is somehow better, but your examples and arguments are weak.

Almost any emulator that works on any gph project is open source and runs at on the pandora. There is absolutely no case that the caanoo would perform better than the pandora, its just not physically possible given the architectures they use. The only point I could see is if the user interface was implemented poorly, but actual gameplay, its going to be the same or better on the pandora.

The only comment I give you credit for is that the gph commercial games cant be run on the pandora. (Athough thank gph for having drm, theres a good chance is would run on ginge, which brings up another point that you could run most of your gph versions of apps using ginge.)

But there are cases where caanoo/wiz do not have some commerical games like Milkshake mentioned i.e. gish and lugaru. I ported those to pandora, and you know why they are not on caanoo? Because caanoo/wiz are too slow.

My own project I made a test level with a bunch of polygons to test the engine out and see how fast it would be. Pandora would drop to ~30-40 fps. Know where the caanoo and wiz performed? About 10-15 fps.

I like handhelds and i support open source devices, which is one reason i still develop for the wiz and caanoo. But i dont ever buy into that the caanoo is better than the pandora. So give up the arguments that the same emu's and app's that run on both devices are better on the slower device.

the neo-geo home console has the same archtechture as the arcade machine, they can both run the same carts, you are correct that the home version gave different options but the hardware is the same but the hardware detects that its a home console and supplies these options, also the arcade games can be changed difficulty anway.

what im trying to say is that neo-geo is neo-geo there is no difference (apart from the neo-geo cd version).

Yes, and that's what ocean is trying to tell us:

He's trying to run Neo-Geo CD (which is not a Neo-Geo Home version, that would be the Neo-Geo AES, but a totally different console).

AFAIK, Neo-Geo CD hasn't been ported yet to the Pandora, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Neo-Geo MKS (Arcade) and AES (Home-Version of Neo-Geo) should probably work the same on both systems, as they both use GNGeo as emulator...

Don't know if there are any games though the Caanoo can't run in full speed.

I'm not joking but most emulators run with control pads with caanoo console,the neo geo cd works with pads and neo emulator on pandora doesn't,so the caanoo emulator has an advantage there.

Another pandora emulator mame doesn't work with pads either but caanoo version does plus g-sensor works like a charm on outrun and there is no g-sensor on pandora so it's bit boring for outrun.

There are few differences i will say with caanoo over pandora but wait... it doesn't end there these emulators run full speed with pads compatible look below:

Picodrive -works perfect and controllers work

mame4all-wow i was amazed with this one the pads work with it

neo geo cd-controllers work like a charm,just like a real console,apparently pads aren't compatible with pandora emu

cps2-oh yes another emu works like a charm and works with pads again.

Believe me most emulators work with pads on caanoo but pandora lacks this feature in the emulators plus no g-sensor,but still pandora is good console,i'm liking the caanoo more than pandora,i love to play with pads other good thing with caanoo you can just plug in pad and play multiplayer without hub because it's full host usb port.

Why the heck would I want to run games that have been created to be used with digital controls with analog pads?

Of course MAME works with the Caanoo analogue stick - the Caanoo doesn't have any other stick... same for cps2, PicoDrive (which DOES work on the Pandora with the nub, if you configure it as joystick), Neo Geo CD.

The Pandora got a digital DPad, same as the MegaDrive/Genesis.

The NeoGeo CD and CPS2 used digital joysticks, and most MAME4ALL games did as well.

If the original had digital controls, it's best to KEEP digital controls - and that's exactly what the Pandora DPad is for. Why use the analogue nub for these games if you got a digital pad?

I also cannot understand how OutRun is boring without G-Sensor.

I tried it on the Caanoo. It was some neat feature, seeing OutRun run with the G-Sensor, but you can't really play with it. It works for the first levels, but the later ones where fast reactions are needed, the G-Sensor is useless.

I also wonder if you actually picked up the original arcade cabinet and moved it left and right to steer :D

Back