Gp2x-cap32: Amstrad Cpc Emulator For Gp2x V1.3.1

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
gp2xcap32-snap-v101.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version (i hope the last) of GP2X-CAP32 the CPC emulator for GP2X.

For those who haven't seen previous versions, Caprice32 is one of
the best emulator of the Amstrad CPC home computer series running
on Windows and Unix, written by Ulrich Doewich.
This emulator faithfully imitates the CPC464, CPC664, and CPC6128 models
(see <a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/caprice32">caprice32 project</a>)

What's new in version 1.3.1 :

- Display in green (monochrome)
- Check CPM disk automatically
(and run |CPM instead of RUN")
- Bug fix in the disk explorer menu
(when the number of files on disk was too high)

How to use it ? Everything is in the README file.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Source code and binary version are available on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

Noooooooooooo, last version? :(

Thank you for all the great work :)

Although i had the hope you could some day improve speed although in Ultra mode is very fast with almost every game.

Can you at least let a higher overclock? I can go 270 but the emulator only lets me to go 260.

Thank you :)

Rivroner said:

Although i had the hope you could some day improve speed although in Ultra mode is very fast with almost every game.

Can you at least let a higher overclock? I can go 270 but the emulator only lets me to go 260.

don't worry, i said "this is the last version" on every release :D

Last edited by a moderator:
zx-81 said:
Rivroner said:

don't worry, i said "this is the last version" on every release :D

Happy to read that :)

Thanks for this update ZX-81!
I finally tested it yesterday.
The menu is really great and useful.
I also like the virtual keyboard, it takes some time to get used to it but it's great.
I still have some sound and sprite glitches but I just tested 'Billy la banlieue' and only with the Ultra mode (OC to 260).
The speed is OK but the sound is inaccurate and the main hero's sprite is blinking when moving.
I'll try some other games and apps today.

Thanks again and please do some more "last version" for us Cpc heads :)

Thanks again for another final release :D

I answered my own question in that the keyboard layout is saved with each game. Brilliant.

This might be a pain but is it possible to utilise the diagonals as well just to squeeze extra keys on to the buttons. The only reason I ask is that in Lords of Midnight the 8 compass directions are mapped to numbers and at the moment only at best n,e,s and w can be mapped. Would be nice to get ne,se,nw and sw mapped too. Might be useful for things like Driller and The Sentinel for all those extra keys.

But thanks again anyway. This is an excellent emu.

This absolutely rocks!! CPC6128 was my first computer and I'm so happy play it again on the GP2X, Thanks for the great port!

I face one issue playing "Flying Shark": there is a full line horizontal glitch at the middle of the screen. What is the most appropriate place to report a bug of this kind?

timothee said:
This absolutely rocks!! CPC6128 was my first computer and I'm so happy play it again on the GP2X, Thanks for the great port!

I face one issue playing "Flying Shark": there is a full line horizontal glitch at the middle of the screen. What is the most appropriate place to report a bug of this kind?
here is a good place. But there are many games for which the render engine from previous caprice32 version doesn't work properly (graphical glitches etc...). Unfortunatelly latest version of caprice32 is really accurate but very slow...

zx-81 said:
timothee said:

here is a good place. But there are many games for which the render engine from previous caprice32 version doesn't work properly (graphical glitches etc...). Unfortunatelly latest version of caprice32 is really accurate but very slow...

hi, I am a fun of caprice on my PC. I downloaded the gp2x version and runs as good as the pc version.

Two questions:

1- Is there a faster way for running games other than the provided options? For instance if I want to play Gauldron. I need to use the v. keyboard and type run"cauldron. This works but it is not "fast". Do I have another option?

2- Saboteur 2's music does not play well. I had the same problem on my PC version of caprice. So I guess it has to do with the game itself and not the port. Any ideas what is wrong with that game? Sabateur's theme is one of the best game themes ever composed.

Thanks,
Chris

xpan said:
1- Is there a faster way for running games other than the provided options? For instance if I want to play Gauldron. I need to use the v. keyboard and type run"cauldron. This works but it is not "fast". Do I have another option?
Using this version, cauldron should run automatically just after you choose the cauldron disk file. You have to set
Disk startup -> Full, in settings.

xpan said:
2- Saboteur 2's music does not play well. I had the same problem on my PC version of caprice. So I guess it has to do with the game itself and not the port. Any ideas what is wrong with that game?
I really don't know.

zx-81 said:
xpan said:
Using this version, cauldron should run automatically just after you choose the cauldron disk file. You have to set
Disk startup -> Full, in settings.

xpan said:
2- Saboteur 2's music does not play well. I had the same problem on my PC version of caprice. So I guess it has to do with the game itself and not the port. Any ideas what is wrong with that game?
I really don't know.

thanks a bunch. It works!! :)

I am sorry for asking this, but can someone help me on how to save snapshots?

there is an option to "load" the snapshot, but I can't find the "save" option...

xpan said:

there is an option to "load" the snapshot, but I can't find the "save" option...
Use save state, it is the same :)

noldor73 said:
xpan said:

Use save state, it is the same :)

Thanks. I think I found it.

I press Left Trigger and 'X' (using latest version).

Maybe a future addition would be to pop-up a message saying: "game saved at slot X"... :)

Back