Gp2x Cut Out Problem When Knocked...

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
I've had my GP2X for a few weeks now and have been very careful with it, however recently a slight knock to the system causes it to switch off or crash, as if the batteries are dying. I'm guessing it's something to do with the battery connectors or a loose wire inside but before I start ripping the thing to bits...is this a common problem? and is there any easy way to fix it?

Well I had a similar problem before. What was the cause of my issue was the connectors(the springs) inside the battery casing were bent inwards too much. I just tweaked them back out and the problem was gone. Hope that helps.

i dont know of this problem but try what PokeParadox sayd.
A logical cause would be a cold solder joint, you could easyly fix that yourself or just send it in.

Twimfy posted on Sep 2 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
...a slight knock to the system causes it to switch off or crash, as if the batteries are dying. I'm guessing it's something to do with the battery connectors or a loose wire...
First of all, there are no wires in the gp2x.

However, the obvious cause for your problem is that the batteries, (which are quite heavy), lose contact to the battery connectors when you shake the unit too hard. Just bend the connectors back, so they hold the batteries firmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back