Gp2x Dishonest Retailer

tridion

Still Fresh
Over the last 3-4 weeks, I have ordered a gp2x from gp2x.co.uk 3 times. On each occassion, the website stated that the gp2x was currently available for 24 hour delivery. On every occassion I was emailed to be told that the gp2x was not in stock and would be in next week.

I also stated each time they should update their website and be more honest. Always got an apology back and given the impression they would do so.

But they never do update the site to reflect the fact they have none in stock.

This is simply very dishonest selling and I think I'll report this to Trading Standards.

not that it will help, but when i ordered mine i got it within 2 days :) and was well chuffed

PM craigix (owner of GP2X.co.uk) directly as he frequents these boards heavily.

It isn't dishonest, they have always been slow to update their site. Phone them and speak to them in person rather than send an e-mail which they may/may not get; they are helpful, and I am sure they will resolve this for you amicably. I found this the best approach when I bought from them in the past. This friendly but firm approach always gets the best results.

Perhaps when you get the item and realize they are decent, you will retract this allegation of them being a "dishonest retailer" and apologize for any alarm and distress this topic might have caused them?

bacteria said:
Perhaps when you get the item and realize they are decent, you will retract this allegation of them being a "dishonest retailer" and apologize for any alarm and distress this topic might have caused them?
I really doubt it will have caused them much distress, such threads have been posted before. The easiest solution would be for them to actually update their site quickly and continue to do so in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed on both counts, however, it is never wise to "bite the hand that feeds you" as the saying goes. CraigX is the only seller in the UK; otherwise you need to buy from abroad if you live in the UK, which means that you may have issues tracking your parcel in the post (in case it gets lost) and returns policy possibly. Yes, he is selling them as a business, but if he gets hassled too much and the GP2x products aren't profitable enough he may decide to ditch the GP2x and/or its successor; which would then hurt everyone...

I guess you should better phone them, since sending a PM or an e-mail doesn't seem to work out (been trying to buy Payback from gp2x.co.uk for a while now using Paypal (can't buy the download version any other way) and so far haven't gotten a response) all that well..

Though gp2x.co.uk *is* a prefectly-legit and not dishonest retailer. They just.. well.. need to update their site.. :)

I'm going to chime in here, since I just found out that after almost 5 days from ordering the GP2X and plenty of extras...and spending over 25 dollars on shipping so that it would be fast, USPS is telling me my package has been returned to sender. No reason given, and now I find that if I even want to get a refund on the 400+ dollars I spent, I need to fill out a form and wait.

Better yet, I get nothing from the support at that place. So I'm writing this here, since maybe someone has experience with this shop and it's owners. Even on the smallest of E-bay purchases, or online transactions, I was always told by a actual person, why it's been delayed. However, here- I'm given a ticket and told to wait.

Normally I wouldn't care, but I paid a great deal of money here, and it feels like someone is not doing their end of the agreement correctly. I mean, maybe I'm not one to wait long, but wouldn't you expect at the very least, some message or something stating what the hell happened?

well i joined their referral scheme a while back and my father in law ordered one (in fact he's ordered another since) and i've not received a penny commision even though i called asking about it :(

This topic is getting a fair bit of interest.

Perhaps CraigX's company is in fact slacking now; we will know by his response to this thread, and how long it takes him to respond for that matter, whether he is still on form and able to resolve the issues above, or if it is in fact time to buy elsewhere...

Some of you missed the point. The problem is they know they have no stock in but just leave their website as showing 24 hour delivery. I have spoken to them and pointed it out. They just apologise and then do nothing about it and have failed to update the site for 3 weeks. That is just no way to run a business.

when the gp2x 1st came out i ordered it with the tv out cable from gp2x.co.uk i got th emachine the next day i was happy but i got an apology saying rhe tv cablewas out of stock....anyway months whent by and i completly forgot about it till i found the note again so i contacted them and they sent it to me within 2 days.

now thats an honest business :D

Well it didn't take me too long to answer here.

There is nothing we can do if your local postal service decides to return it to us. It may be because they wanted import duty paying and were unable to contact you. It is impossible for us to know until it comes back.

We keep the commission system upto date, there is no reason why you would not have been paid, we pay people on a regular basis. Phone us and ask for tech.

We do often run out of GP2Xs and sometimes shipments get delayed by customs, GPH, holidays in Korea etc. but the main delay lately is the post office and their random strikes, which they are doing across all services at the moment.

If you want a refund you can call us and it will be done right away.

For the record, gp2x.co.uk is not the only place in the UK to sell the GP2X either. So whoever said that has incorrect information.

You can buy it from divineo.co.uk (admittedly slightly more expensive) and www.iwantoneofthose.com. The second option are out of stock but AT LEAST THEY ADMIT THEY ARE.

craigix said:
We do often run out of GP2Xs and sometimes shipments get delayed by customs, GPH, holidays in Korea etc. but the main delay lately is the post office and their random strikes, which they are doing across all services at the moment.
Completely missed the point. If you know that to be so then take away the "delivered in 24 hours" statement on your website. I have ordered 3 GP2X systems in the last 3 weeks and every time you have been out of stock. So it is hardly a temporary problem.

Give them a chance, I have all but praise for them. Every time they have not been able to deliver on time, I have always been given some form of bonus as a thank you for using them.

It's possible that Craig is just awaiting stock. Email them and ask when the next batch is due in.

In my books it's easier to talk to a supplier than just go blind and reorder all the time.

bacteria said:
Agreed on both counts, however, it is never wise to "bite the hand that feeds you" as the saying goes.
While I got an excellent service, I have to say that's an absolutely disgraceful remark. GP2X only exists because of customers, if you don't treat them well, you will not get any business. The consumers hand does the feeding, don't ever forget that.

If the only person to sell GP2Xs in the UK WAS a dishonest retailer, they would lose my business and anyone I came into contact with. So both gp2x.co.uk AND GPH would lose out.

Notice Left, August 22, 2007, 8:36 am, LONG BEACH, CA 90806
Arrival at Unit, August 22, 2007, 8:34 am, LONG BEACH, CA 90806
Return to Sender, August 22, 2007, 1:01 am, LONG BEACH, CA
Enroute, August 22, 2007, 12:23 am, LONG BEACH, CA 90809
Enroute, August 21, 2007, 5:02 pm, SANTA ANA, CA 92799
Return to Sender, August 21, 2007, 4:53 pm, SANTA ANA, CA

We attempted to deliver your item at 8:36 AM on August 22, 2007 in LONG BEACH, CA 90806 and a notice was left. A second delivery attempt will be made. If unsuccessful, we will hold it for five business days and then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I could have swore I lived in NY, yet it's been delivered here twice now.

I recently bought payback from gp2x.co.uk (download version) and got the link sent within minutes for my download. My GP2X is also from gp2x.co.uk but it was via ebay, not the main website, but I have never had any issues with gp2x.co.uk.

Back