Gp2x Emudownloader V0.1b Rc1

StreaK said:
mfk said:
Why am I getting "Socket Error #11001 Host Not Found" error when I click "Check for updates" button? :unsure:
wah, no way [ its working fine for me]. Maybe your firewall is blocking the emu downloader [ you need to add exeption in firewall ]

I added an exception and even removed the firewall. No result. Maybe I'm blocked from the server or sth. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
StreaK said:
You're too lazy :D. Dont you know? -> Google + FreeDownloadManager = ROMDownloader

BTW. Only thing i can do: i can provide some links with few homebrew / PD / Freeware games to each emu. For example i could add some games for amiga emu from Team17 or Factor 5 -> They re released games as freeware now. Also Tempest 2000 from yak/llamasoft is provided as freeware... btw :D

theres always my site. feel free to link to my pd rom packs.

Some good criticism following:

I love this app so much, however it lacks auto-updating, so Streak has to update manually every new binary out there, right? That drops the functionality in a background plane, since Streak has probably better things to do than updating the app daily.

It would be nice if the app could parse the gp2x archive website looking for new binaries.

If that can't be possible then maybe you should tell ED to auto-create a .txt file every new emulation upload is done on the archive, and then just parse that archive rather than parsing your a file in your internal website (that's what I assume the app does).

Anyways, keep up the good work. This app is wonderful. What about a Wiz/Pandora installer? ;-)

rlyeh said:
Some good criticism following:
:)

rlyeh said:
I love this app so much, however it lacks auto-updating, so Streak has to update manually every new binary out there, right? That drops the functionality in a background plane, since Streak has probably better things to do than updating the app daily.
Yeah, it should be updated by me [ but i havent got time for it ], and nobody want to do this beside me :/

rlyeh said:
It would be nice if the app could parse the gp2x archive website looking for new binaries.
If that can't be possible then maybe you should tell ED to auto-create a .txt file every new emulation upload is done on the archive, and then just parse that archive rather than parsing your a file in your internal website (that's what I assume the app does).
I recently talked about it with ED, [ we spoke about pandora repo with this option ], and he said he had plans to do it , but nothing more. So i decided that Pandora's Sync Suite will be using my own www.openpandora.pl repo server. It will have xml quasi-support [ server side - client app side ]. If ED adds supprt for my xml syntax, ill add it to my Pandora Sync Suite.

rlyeh said:
Anyways, keep up the good work. This app is wonderful. What about a Wiz/Pandora installer? ;-)
Yeah, Pandora Sync Suite is coming ... slowly. But coming :)
More about progress, in this thread:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=43612

BTW. Im planning to make a last bigger emudownloader update, before pandora comes up, so stay tuned.

Great job Streak! I only have my gp2x for a few weeks and I found out how painful it can be to find the latest version of an emu. I will certainly try your updater for it.

Suggestion: is it possible to add an overview of all supported emulators with the option to download emu's that are not on the SD card yet? What I mean is a simple way to download the latest version of new emu's.

Don't bother about roms or bioses, unless they've been released as freeware. It can get you into lots of trouble if you even link to them.

Well, basically, as all categories and updates of the archive are in a database, it shouldn't be hard for such a tool to parse those entries.
All I need to do is write a small php script which outputs all the emulator entries in the database together with version number and date.
That's no prob, can be coded within a few minutes, I just need to know what exactly the tool would like to get to parse it ;)

Looks awesome. If you guys want help with that, I know Php and SQL databases like the back of my hand :p

Back