Gp2X-F200 Disassembly Guide

olspookishmagus

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello everyone and especially to the gp32x.de forum regulars!

Gradually I begun facing problem with the use of the touch-screen.
Trying to play with the touch screen in some games (for example ScummVM) was impossible.

So, I've decided to disassemble/tear-down my GP2X-F200.
I've reached the point as to seeing that the touchscreen connects to the PCB with two ZIF connectors.

Therefore I need some answers as to if ever before anyone has done this and what's more if this was documented somehow.

Also in the process, unfortunately, I've scratched it's glass (despite my precautions - the screen was touching on a bubblewrap - but somehow it got scratched (Murphy's Law)) and I wanted to know whether if this is replaceable or not and if yes who should I contact to get a replacing glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
just to be sure. even though you recalibrated it (you did, didn't you?) the touch screen still doesn't point to where you touch?

if that's the problem, you have the same problem as me. it's not fixeable. use fpaint in f200 mode and make a line by the edges of the screen, save the image and put it here to see how much broken it is.
I think the problem is that the touchscreen film strechs from the use and loses the tightness (?) or something and thats why it doesn't work well.

EDIT: i presume that if your F200 has two connectors then it's a F200 (A), the ones that had the F100's screen with a touch screen film on it. I have a F200( B ) so i don't know if this is the same problem

What is the exact problem?? I had issues with the touchscreen not working at all and also crashing games when I touched it so I upgraded to the amazing open2x firmware, It's a beutifull firmware and fixed all my problems. Maybe it will fix for you

mvickers03 said:
I had issues with the touchscreen not working at all and also crashing games when I touched it so I upgraded to the amazing open2x firmware, It's a beutiful firmware and fixed all my problems. Maybe it will fix for you
Well, too late now. After another unsuccessful attempt to dismantle the LCD from the GP2x-F200 housing I've discovered I've managed to cut one the two wires connected to the left speaker and that the "scratch" has evolved. It seems that I've cracked the LCD screen itself. So I guess this adds another fail to my book.

Anyway, I've contacted two websites [1 | 2] on GP2x-F200 LCD replacement screens but none had one available, thus making the question put here current again.

So anyone have an idea where to buy a GP2x-F200 replacement screen or a brand new GP2x-F200?

Has anyone ever managed to remove the LCD screen from the GP2x-F200 housing and how?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back