Changing Glass = Dust

just completly knackered the second lens on my flu (the one that reflects the light from the flu) is there a replacement for this available? i know there is for the top lens but the bottom one is special because it's got them grooves (which i scrathced to hell (with the cloth?!!??!))

Jaw posted on May 8 2005 at 07:26 AM said:
just completly knackered the second lens on my flu (the one that reflects the light from the flu) is there a replacement for this available? i know there is for the top lens but the bottom one is special because it's got them grooves (which i scrathced to hell (with the cloth?!!??!))

Nope, you can't get a replacement anywhere.

The best thing to do is what you've done, ask for a broken Flu unit with a good Flu.

Or sale your unit as a NLU and buy a Blu.

Last edited by a moderator:
:p
mattmagoo posted on May 7 2005 at 11:30 AM said:
wee heads up

applying too much pressure to the light guide can damage it and leave "dead spot" on your FLU, where the light insn't quite as effective

I'm not sure of this. I once thought that I had this dead spot effect in the top corner and along the left edge. I opened it up and cleaned the lightguide with a soft cloth and it came out. I think it may be the oil that is left behind after a fingerprint. The I also thought at one point that I had scratched the light guide, and the cloth took that out with a little rubbing. I don't think the guide is as fragile as people think. It's just those damn grooves that trap dust, oil, and any other goobers that you drop on it. Every soft cloth I have used on it hasn't harmed it.

Cheers! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back