Gp2x F200 Lcd Problem

djg71

Still Fresh
I've had a F200 for about 2 weeks now. At first, the screen was fine and nice and dark. However, it now has a brighter vertical line at the left hand side of the screen. The colours don't appear to mix properly here, with the blue of the F200's menus showing as more of a green colour. It's most noticable when playing games with a black background, because it appears as a bright white line down the left hand side of the screen. It also seems that the left hand side of the screen in general is slightly brighter too. Anybody else had this problem? Batteries are fine BTW, new 2700MaH.

I also have that in my F-200, but I think that's normal though. <_<

yeah I think most of us have it. It used to be the same on some F100, but there was a bundled LCD control panel in the FW that let you move a slider (not even sure what it was supposed to do, actualy) and using certain settings made that line disappear.

However, I don't really notice mine at all except on an empty black screen. I wouldn't know about the blue F200 menu either, since I use gmenu2x I rarely see it at all...

Maybe take a picture?

I think I've found a work-around for this problem. I downloaded 'cpu-lcd-ram-tweak_2.1b1'. Using this, I changed the Timing value in the Display Settings menu from the default of -4 to -2. This pushes the white line off the edge of the screen. This setting holds when you exit the application and until you switch off. If you save the new settings to your SD card before exiting, you'll just need to run and exit this application again next time you turn on to get the setting back. It's possible that changing this setting may interfere with some applications, but I've not yet seen any problems.

Yes, I also tried that before to see if it could eliminate the vertical line. From what I saw in my F-200, it did manage to lessen the line, but couldn't completely be removed. :(

Well I am not really bothered by the vertical line, so I just leave it as is. :p

Back