Gp2x F200 Value Pack?

zohnnyg

hi guys and gals

is there any word of a gp2x f200 value pack coming out? they no longer sell the gp2x mk2 value pack.

zohnnyg said:
hi guys and gals

is there any word of a gp2x f200 value pack coming out? they no longer sell the gp2x mk2 value pack.
Why? The burning need to spend $20-30 on $2 worth of plastic trinkets? (I am obviously being very generous).

I realize this isn't helpful, but please reconsider what you are asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie said:
zohnnyg said:
hi guys and gals

Why? The burning need to spend $20-30 on $2 worth of plastic trinkets? (I am obviously being very generous).

I realize this isn't helpful, but please reconsider what you are asking.

what are you talking about?

zohnnyg said:
what are you talking about?
The Last Spartan said:
I liked getting 4 batteries,USB Cable,CD Guide and a wrist strap. Made life easier. A F200 value pack is overdue
$10 anywhere (Try Walmart, Target, Kmart, etc). Duracell and Energizer are OK brands. Batteries without a charger are useless. If you have a charger for NiMH but no batteries that is pretty weird.

USB cable. The damn thing is useless. (unless of course you plan to try some wacky networking, or some custom debugging.) There is a store that sells a very fast SD card reader for $3 (that is TOTAL, shipping included, I bought one, very nice.) PS, I don't trust their cable, it is defective. If it has a ferrite bead it is out of compliance with USB specifications. Mine never worked, I had to use a cable I purchased separately.

Buy this SD reader: http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA2029.htm

"CD Guide", please tell me this is a joke, they are useless, there isn't enough room on a CD to hold all the info on the GP2X, this is even assuming it is still relevant by the time you get it.

"Wrist strap" Is this actually strong enough to save the GP2X with batteries in it? I wouldn't trust it.

USEFUL ITEMS for a "value pack":

Power supply, Charger.

Video out cable.

I am sorry but the add-ons are very low quality, and for the same money you should source better items separately.

Yes it is "nice" to get extras, I just prefer it if they enhance the experience rather than waste my money.

nubie said:
i totally agree, a proper value pack should have ;

> A 2GB SD card and USB card reader
> an EXT cable with proper filtered USB and the video out
> A (powered) USB hub
> A decent case (a camcorder case is actually pretty good as well for keeping all this shite in)
> some decent non telescopic stylii/styluses (SP) (2 of)
> 4 batterys with charger
> a power adapter for the mains

im sure it all costs about 40-50$ and imo should have been out years ago, its a bit sad that there is no ext>usb/video cable out for a reasonable price :(

hey i was just looking at them at gamersection.ca and what bugs me is that they made the f200 version only available in white so the cradle doesn't even match or anything. and say if i wanted the cradle, the power adapter and an 8gb sdhc card... that's a lot of money... and for stuff that doesn't even match... it's like totally bogus dude. plus i think my battery charger got stolen or something so i'd even need another one of those that's like $30 :eek: before y'know it -with shipping and tax- it's almost the same amount as a playstation 3!
i think it's a great product and all, but, c'mon...

Back