Gp2x F200 Volume Issue

protecteur

Still Fresh
HI! I got my new F200 and the only problem that I have with it is when I start up the unit it always starts with the volume at max! Also when you start a new game it also starts it by default at max volume! other then that I love it a lot!! Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Protecteur

Each game sets its own volume at start-up. You can try and alter this via Gmenu2x, which allows you to set volume for individual apps.

The F200 volume issue is really pretty serious.

I'm at the point of deleting games that don't allow you to control the volume because some of them are just ridiculously loud and not adjustable.

Developers need to take note that all games need to have adjustable volume, and it needs to be saved and restored for each session!

I still think that the best solution is for apps to start at <8% volume. One time you may enjoy sound through speakers, others through headphones. Totally different things, better to cater to the lowest common denominator.

The worst at this is the Fenix runtime though (it ignores Gmenu2x suggestions, and starts at max volume). I wonder if the latest version fixes this. I'm scared to run Fenix games when I have headphones on :D

the sound is very annoying.. with headphones Ive resorted to buying headphones with a volume control so I dont get burst eardrums when I turn the machine on or start some of the games.
Without headphones Im pretty much got a reflex action now of covering the speakers with my thumbs everytime I switch it on or start a game up.
Im just waiting for the first OS patch in the hope it fixes this and the other sound issues.

Back