Gp2X-Go: Gogame For The Gp2X V1.1.0

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
gp2xgo-v110.jpg

Hi All,

GNU-Go is an ASCII command line GO game running on MacOS X,
Windows and many Unix systems. (see http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html )

GP2X-GO is a port of GNU-Go 3.6 on GP2X-F100 and i've added a Graphical User interface.

Special thanks to Pharyon for the nice picture.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

For those who wonders how to play go http://playgo.to/interactive/

it's available here : on my blog

Enjoy,

Zx.

Screenshot?

Can't even see one on your blog, and considering that this is a GUI to an existing program, it would be nice to know if it's worth digging out my GP2X before I download.

ledow said:
Screenshot?

Can't even see one on your blog, and considering that this is a GUI to an existing program, it would be nice to know if it's worth digging out my GP2X before I download.

This is not a pop, But:

1) Graphic`s do not make a game, So how could one tell how a game plays by looking at screenshots ?.

2) You took the time to post your concerns, So whats wrong with an extra 10 minutes to download and
chuck this on your GP2x to try it out.

3) It`s been ported by zx-81, Enough said.

Me, I don`t have a GP2x, But i shall be trying zx-81`s port of this to the Dingoo soon.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
"1) Graphic`s do not make a game, So how could one tell how a game plays by looking at screenshots ?."

Because this is only a frontend to an already existing Gnu Go engine. It's nothing but a GUI on top of it, in fact. And if you know how to play Go, or you know the Gnu Go engine, the only other thing is graphics and/or control. I can't judge the controls by a screenshot, I can judge the graphics.

"2) You took the time to post your concerns, So whats wrong with an extra 10 minutes to download and chuck this on your GP2x to try it out."

Because it's more than ten minutes for me, and I didn't say I *wouldn't* do it myself, I just would benefit from a screenshot and, I think, so would the author / others. I can't find many other games on the archive that don't have a single screenshot at all, for instance.

@trooper: thx

@ledow: according to you how many days on my spare time i've spent to port this stuff and add a UI for free ? You don't have few seconds to unzip it on your SD and to give it a try ? You need someone to post a screenshot ? Sorry man, but you don't deserve it and i think you don't have understood what gp2x scene is ... Just my 2 cents advice : sell your gp2x on ebay and buy a "real commercial" portable console, give your $ (if you got any) to bigN or to $ony and go to flame commercial games you bought. Btw i won't feed your troll anymore, game is over.

zx-81 said:
@ledow: according to you how many days on my spare time i've spent to port this stuff and add a UI for free ?

:rolleyes:

I dunno, because I can't see it and I don't see why so hostile, to be honest. Is it comparable to my port and GUI implementation of STPPC to the GP2X, which took me several months and several thousand lines of code to do? I know exactly the work involved but I'm not playing oneupmanship (because I've not criticised your work in any way, shape or form and I'm not a programmer foremost) but all I asked for was a screenshot.

Distributing GUI software is like putting your work on a dating site - no photo, no interest. :) I do the same with commercial games, no screenshot (or no demo), no download.

Gonna download this and giving it a whirl. Nice to have another version of GO.
smile.gif

@Tag5: thx :)

@ledow: sorry to have been rude, but i don't like lazy people or when someone flame other works ;). If you want screenshots just "google image" pspggo, it will give you an idea. You will see a go board (nothing really amazing). btw you can change png files and do you own theme.

Back