[GP2X] [GP32] [etc] 10 Day Craptastic Coding Competition

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
compo2.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce the openXile 10-Day-Craptastic-Coding-Contest. (Or the 10DCCC if you wanna be smart about it)

Featuring fabulous prizes, your task is to code the most interesting game or application in the ten day time slot. We aren't looking for a work of art, just something that can keep our attention for more than a few minutes.
Platforms include, but aren't limited to:

Wiz, GP2x, GP32, DC, PSP, GBA, etc

Find out more at http://openxile.co.uk/crap

Orkie said:
This isn't as crap as nickspoon's CGC.

Granted, we aren't offering a toffee crisp and a bus ticket, we thought we'd stretch the budget a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
Orkie said:

Granted, we aren't offering a toffee crisp and a bus ticket, we thought we'd stretch the budget a bit.

It was actually a Toffee Crisp and a twenty pence piece. Which never reached the winner. Indeed, if Anppa is still around I (on the Royal Mail's behalf) owe him 20p and a Toffee Crisp.

nickspoon said:
Nova said:
Orkie said:

It was actually a Toffee Crisp and a twenty pence piece. Which never reached the winner. Indeed, if Anppa is still around I (on the Royal Mail's behalf) owe him 20p and a Toffee Crisp.

I dunno about the 20p, but I'll take that Toffee Crisp off your hands.

nickspoon said:
Nova said:
Orkie said:

That package was way too tempting for the postman and he just had to steal it!

The competition is now OPEN!

http://www.openxile.co.uk/crap

Good luck!

Oh man, an entry by you would have been awesome :(

Did you just move it two weeks earlier? Either way, might as well make something quick and silly just for kicks :)

Nice idea!

Lozrus said:
Doh! Just finished mine, checked and realised i'm a day late :blink: oopsie!
Are you sure? From my understanding the compo started @ Aug 16[sup]th[/sup] 2009 00:00. Time is right now Aug 25[sup]th[/sup] 2009 17:36, you should have a few hours to submit it, unless my math is horrible. Which it is...

Edit: Also I'm using the board's default time zone so I dunno... still try to get in, you never know! ;)

My entry was the dice rolling app for Wiz, so you can see that right now - it's in Wiz Wishes forum . Must be nano-seconds of fun with that, although if used seriously and you're into table top RPGs, you could be using it for years to come :p

It's not going to be any competition at all to your entries guys. :)

gp2.eXe said:
Are you sure? From my understanding the compo started @ Aug 16[sup]th[/sup] 2009 00:00. Time is right now Aug 25[sup]th[/sup] 2009 17:36, you should have a few hours to submit it, unless my math is horrible. Which it is...

Edit: Also I'm using the board's default time zone so I dunno... still try to get in, you never know! ;)

Your maths is fine but I'd interpreted 00:00 to mean the very start of the 25th. But it's been clarified and I have a couple of hours so yay! packaging up now...

Thanks for making me double check :)

Results will be up ASAP, but I'm extremely busy at the moment so bear with me.

We had 12 entries total by the way :)

Back