Gp2x Handy V0.1g, Atari Lynx Emu

tuskenraider2k

Certified Guru
Here is a new version for the gp2x. It is a bit faster :)

http://www.pelle7.de/progr/gp2x/handy/inde...andy/index.html

P.S.:
- ~10% faster then the previous version

Short infos:
- Modified the bugfixing from v0.01d
- Compared to the version before 0.1c it's ~6% faster

gIZmonDO:
Further more I tried this week to compile something for the gizmondo. Finally I managed to port Gp2xHandy to the Gizmondo. But It only reaches the speed of the gp2x version with 200mhz (frameskip activated on the Gizmondo). ScreenBuffer & the EVC-Compiler are the problems, I think.
It is under:
http://www.pelle7.de/progr/Gizmondo/handy/...andy/index.html

Definitely feels slightly 'smoother' - it was already fast enough!

tuskenraider2k - does gpHandy use DaveC's optimized joystick configuration to reduce the diagonal bias?

Also - when I use the scan lines mode, the display flickers quite a bit - does anybody else get this?

Great to see you continue working on this though... long live the Lynx!

...I knew there was a reason I brought my GP2X and card reader to work today...

Yes, I implemented DaveC's joystick configuration. But I can check if it is still there :)
I haven't seen it flickering in the scanline mode.. I'll check it

Gruntfuggly posted on Dec 8 2006 at 04:44 PM said:
Definitely feels slightly 'smoother' - it was already fast enough!

tuskenraider2k - does gpHandy use DaveC's optimized joystick configuration to reduce the diagonal bias?

Also - when I use the scan lines mode, the display flickers quite a bit - does anybody else get this?

Great to see you continue working on this though... long live the Lynx!

...I knew there was a reason I brought my GP2X and card reader to work today...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I implemented DaveC's joystick configuration. But I can check if it is still there :)

Blimey - I'd hate to think what it would be like without it then! :cool:

If you ever get a chance - is it possible you could have a game of Rampart and see if you can work out why it crashes after a couple of levels? It seems to be pretty repeatable - it locks up when changing screens. I've tried reducing the overclocking, but that doesn't make any difference. I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that the 'still' screens inbetween levels are corrupted?

Hello,

I have played Rampart two weeks ago and it's really nice :) The last time was on my pc 13 years(?) ago :)

The screens between the levels are currupted. Yes, I recognized this :-/ It didn't crash for me the first 3 levels, but I hope I find the bug.. but I am busy or at least I should be busy with my studies :-/

Gruntfuggly posted on Dec 8 2006 at 05:13 PM said:

Blimey - I'd hate to think what it would be like without it then! :cool:

If you ever get a chance - is it possible you could have a game of Rampart and see if you can work out why it crashes after a couple of levels? It seems to be pretty repeatable - it locks up when changing screens. I've tried reducing the overclocking, but that doesn't make any difference. I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that the 'still' screens inbetween levels are corrupted?

The screens between the levels are currupted. Yes, I recognized this :-/ It didn't crash for me the first 3 levels, but I hope I find the bug.. but I am busy or at least I should be busy with my studies :-/

Well I don't want to interrupt your studies, so don't worry about it unless you get some spare time!

It's my favourite version of Rampart - much more playable that the SNES, Megadrive or even the original arcade version....

I have a GP2X, gut i also got a Gizmondo... :)

Is the Source available for the Gizmondo Port? I am sure TheReaperUK (who ports alot of stuff to the Giz) would know how to speed it up?

Best regards,

Damien

Gruntfuggly posted on Dec 8 2006 at 03:44 PM said:
long live the Lynx!
Seconded :)

It always makes my day when I see Tuskenraider has released another update of this fantastic emulator. Keep up the good work, if you let me know your paypal address im happy to send you a donation for all your hard work, on this, and the gp32 version over the years.

Are the graphics in Viking Child (in game, not the intro) all messed up for anyone else? - oh no - its my favorite game :eek:

It is definatley smoother as far as ive tested so far :)

Edit: Dracula dont work anymore, its great on the menu and then crashes. A lot of the menus are running loads better now, im keeping both the last and this version on my SD

Yeah Viking child gets all flickery for me now too. Dracula goes to a large glitched version of the background pic for me.

One thing too the scan lines are a cool option. On a real Lynx the "scan lines" (those were actually the large dot pitch of the screen, vertical slits) went vertical though. Maybe add an option for vertical lines too.

Thanks for the update, the speed increase is nice, it is getting better all of the time.

Hello, I have added a paypal link on my homepage if somebody likes to donate.. :rolleyes:
(on the left side at the end of the menu)

pelle7.de/progr/gp2x/handy/index2.php?open=gp2x&m=progr/gp2x/handy/index.html

tuskenraider2k posted on Dec 11 2006 at 12:25 PM said:
Hello, I have added a paypal link on my homepage if somebody likes to donate.. :rolleyes:
(on the left side at the end of the menu)

pelle7.de/progr/gp2x/handy/index2.php?open=gp2x&m=progr/gp2x/handy/index.html

I would donate a free d-pad mod. Interested? It helps ALOT for MK1 GP2Xs.

It has just struck me like a lightbulb going on in my head that what gp2x handy could do with is a 180 degree screen rotate mode like beebem has got. That way you can use the XYAB buttons to simulate the Lynx's D pad, and the volume buttons for the Lynx's A and B.

Up until now I couldn't really see why it was an option in Beebem, but I've realised now that it makes sense - it would sort out my control issues in Rampart a treat!

For a moment I thought I could just use the Lynx's built in 180 degree rotate, but that obviously wouldn't affect the controls.

Any chance of an update tuskenraider2k?

Kind of an ancient thread here don't you think?

Anyway since you dug it up I have one thing to add. It seems like the sound lags behind the action. Example when you shoot the shot sound comes like 1/2 second after the graphics show the bullet.

Well it didn't seem a big enough issue to start a new thread over, and this was the latest GpHandy thread...

What game are you getting the lag in? I haven't noticed it, but I don't play a huge variety of Lynx games...

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 2 2007 at 07:10 PM said:
What game are you getting the lag in? I haven't noticed it, but I don't play a huge variety of Lynx games...

All of them.

Back