Gp2x Hangs When Starting Self-programmed Application

Alex23

Still Fresh
Hello,

I developed a small program with dev-c++ (version 4.2.2) and newest gp2devkit (Octoate's GP2x toolchain (2006/03/06)). After starting the program the gp2x hangs. Piped stderr into file on SD and got the message:

"./line_1.gpe: relocation error: ./line_1.gpe: symbol __divdf3, version GCC_3.0 not defined in file libgcc_s.so.1 with link time reference"

That sounds for me like a version problem. How comes? Other (very simple) programs are working. Is there a linker option I missed?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I developed a small program with dev-c++ (version 4.2.2) and newest gp2devkit (Octoate's GP2x toolchain (2006/03/06)). After starting the program the gp2x hangs. Piped stderr into file on SD and got the message:

"./line_1.gpe: relocation error: ./line_1.gpe: symbol __divdf3, version GCC_3.0 not defined in file libgcc_s.so.1 with link time reference"

That sounds for me like a version problem. How comes? Other (very simple) programs are working. Is there a linker option I missed?

Thanks in advance!

This code is trying to find stuff in a shared library and the version on the gp2x is not compatible. Did you static link the code? If not that might fix the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want compatible libraries you'll need to use gcc 2.95. It's easier to statically link.

The GP2X hasn't hung, you just need to restart the menu when your program exits

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

This code is trying to find stuff in a shared library and the version on the gp2x is not compatible. Did you static link the code? If not that might fix the problem.

Yep. That was the problem. Many thanks!!
I added '-static' to the linker options and then I had a problem with the c++ coding. -Lgcc seemed to be the problem. I change it to -Lstdc++ and that worked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back