Gp2x Hardware Extensions?

steponeloops

Still Fresh
Hello everybody,

I have discovered the GP2X a few hours ago and I am really enchanted...

As there seems to be no Audio In port, I asked myself if the GP2X would run with external USB hardware (given that there would be adequate drivers). I am specially thinking of a little USB soundcard (avaliable for ~20 USD).

I've seen there exist some "midifications" for the GP32 (with an old amiga midi interface); I think some audio tracker software will be avaliable soon - that would be a dream machine for me, finally composing on the subway ;)

Peace

SOL

A big problem with that is that the USB host isn't powered, so people would need to change the hardware of the USB-devices.

on the gp32 you just need 5 volt and some kind of adapter to put the voltage between the gp32 and the device.
if your really want to use USB hardware its the only way.
i wouldnt have a problem with it, hehe USB wifi :)

this one have allready be used with gp32 linux, not sure if ti worked, however, my solution ist just a femal->femlae adapter with a (7805) 5v volatege converter and a 9v battery, works great. and its cheap as hell.

hmm 4*AAA powered USB hub...

You could actually use that as a top up pack for charging the console and your mobiles. Could be a handy thing to carry around in your bag/suitcase...

Back