Gp2x - No Sd Card

Kibiru

Still Fresh
I got my GP2x, but I won't be able to get an SD card untill about Christmas. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but my understanding of the situation is that I can use the built-in 64MB of flash memory in the same way. If this is the case, what can I do with 64MB of memory? I guess an NES emulator is about the most I can do? Maybe not?

With 32MB (gp2x has 64MB nand but only 32mb are accessible for user content, the other 32 are for the OS) you can do nearly everything, but you can't put everything in together

Kibiru posted on Dec 8 2006 at 10:52 PM said:
I got my GP2x, but I won't be able to get an SD card untill about Christmas. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but my understanding of the situation is that I can use the built-in 64MB of flash memory in the same way. If this is the case, what can I do with 64MB of memory? I guess an NES emulator is about the most I can do? Maybe not?
its really 2 x 32mb one for the system ,which you cant touch....this leaves 32mb for skins etc. small games or emu with a small footprint and rom files ,they have to be placed in the nand folder useing your usb cable , p.s. your usb cable that came with the gp2x is probley useless...... :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
just get tilematch... that could keep ouccupied for a few weeks

Kibiru posted on Dec 8 2006 at 05:52 PM said:
I got my GP2x, but I won't be able to get an SD card untill about Christmas. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but my understanding of the situation is that I can use the built-in 64MB of flash memory in the same way. If this is the case, what can I do with 64MB of memory? I guess an NES emulator is about the most I c?an do? Maybe not?

So, what did you decide to put in the 32mb? I, for one, welcome my newfound curiosity...

Dammit, wrong site. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back