Gp2x On Ebay

This means that a lot of people are satisfied with their product, so why would they sell it for?

It's so nice not having Epicenter around :)

- Alex

This means that a lot of people are satisfied with their product, so why would they sell it for?

- Alex

I have no comments regarding the system, yes its popular and totally believe it.

On th other hand though, Just as everyone says "make your point and move on with your life" I believe repeatedly abusing someone even after he has left is "unnecessarily repeating your view" as others have said, and this is unnecessary. Epic is my friend and I cant help his very open attitude in this community but one thing i do know is constantly abusing someone even after they agreed to leave is just plain unacceptable. Especially when you try to make a point against someone and use it yourself.

So all I ask is that yes he was annoying but just as you ask others and tell them to move on i believe i have the right to do the same. All i ask is that everyone move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you search GP32, people are selling them for £250. I havent been around here much but I believe that is a massive rip off.

- Alex

I have no comments regarding the system, yes its popular and totally believe it.

On th other hand though, Just as everyone says "make your point and move on with your life" I believe repeatedly abusing someone even after he has left is "unnecessarily repeating your view" as others have said, and this is unnecessary. Epic is my friend and I cant help his very open attitude in this community but one thing i do know is constantly abusing someone even after they agreed to leave is just plain unacceptable. Especially when you try to make a point against someone and use it yourself.

So all I ask is that yes he was annoying but just as you ask others and tell them to move on i believe i have the right to do the same. All i ask is that everyone move on.

Not to get in the middle of this, but I don't think he agreed to leave, he got banned.

- Alex

Not to get in the middle of this, but I don't think he agreed to leave, he got banned.

Very well, but i still believe that what was done is done and what happened happened and that things should just be case closed.

If anyone personally disliked Epic well I cant change your mind, but i think things should just move on. If people knew him in person then perhaps people would understand where hes coming from better but again whats done is done.

All I hope things can just have a fresh start around here, thats pretty much it.

If anyone personally disliked Epic well I cant change your mind, but i think things should just move on. If people knew him in person then perhaps people would understand where hes coming from better but again whats done is done.

All I hope things can just have a fresh start around here, thats pretty much it.

I didn't have anything against him personally really. He made sense many times like when he would set a n00b straight about why N64 emulation was impossible etc.

I thought that when he would only post to bash the system and nothing else it would get old. It really served no purpose after awhile, he made NO constructive comments at all. We know he didn't like the GP2X. It *is* his right to like or hate what he wants but Christ, to constantly try to make everyone hate it too was a bit too much. I still wish him luck developing his game, hope it turns out well.

generally, I don't know if you guys agree with me, you can see how popular something is by the amount of bids on the item in ebay. Have a gander at this:

gp2x search on ebay

Maybe you're right and the niche GP2X market is filled. If you like retro, emulators, consoles and you haven't bought a GP2X yet, you'll probably never gonna buy one.

generally, I don't know if you guys agree with me, you can see how popular something is by the amount of bids on the item in ebay. Have a gander at this:

gp2x search on ebay

I like the *RARE* one item 120074361900, in true eBay RARE!!!! style:

"NTSC (US, Canada)" mine isn't pal or ntsc, is mine rare?

"I'm a video game collector and have decided to sell my collection of rare and limited edition consoles and games." Is it rare already? I must buy some up.

"...rare, almost impossible to find in the UK in brand new condition due to their limited edition production." never heard or gp2x.co.uk then?

"...the box is in immaculate condition, as if you just picked it up from the factory", just like mine that believe it or not also came from a factory, via Craig of course.

"For comparison it is about four times as powerful as the Nintendo DS" How true is that?

"...connect the GP2X to a TV or Monitor with the TV out adaptor, in this mode it supports upto 1048 x 720 resolution" but I thought it cas composite video, when did that become 1048 x 720?

"Because the GP2X uses Linux as its operating system the amount of games and software is massive"

I checked e-bay.
For example Check this :
http://cgi.ebay.com/GP2x-Console-266mhz-wi...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the power pack from the GP2X.co.uk
266Mhz GP2X Power Pack
1 Year Guarantee
Manufacturer: GPH
£ 139.99 (All inc.)
$ 219.99 (Outside Europe)

In the e-bay pics the device looks ok and from current bids is about 40-pounds cheaper (Current bid:GBP 97.00 -maybe 70dollars cheaper ?) than the new one.
These guys usually buy something just to try it out and then they re-sell it in a lower price.
They play with it for 1-2 weeks and then they sell it.
What they gain ? This:
They get to try a new console in a rental price.(The good thing is that usually in this time there is no time for scratches ).
Think of it. Rent a new device to test with 40pounds and then after 2-3 weeks -when you're bored with it- , sell it.
...a lot of people are satisfied with their product, so why would they sell it for?
There are a lot of people that like playing only the latest games... It is clear that the GP2X is not for them.
GP2X is for more creative people ;)
There are also people that just want to try-out everything new (like my above assuption).
I hope my point is clear (my english are a bit rusty ) :)

[edit] Just deleted empty spaces becase the post was to big

Back