Gp2x Only Boots On Fully Charged Batteries

mushaden

Still Fresh
I've been having this problem a lot lately and it's really irritating. I'll turn on the unit, play for 30 mins, turn it off, and then try to turn it on an hour later or so and it won't boot. If I'm lucky it will go to the green firmware screen, but the screen will either be light green or it will have black lines and distortion and, either way, it will just hang there. I've only had the batteries (2500 mAh energizers) for a year, so I definitely haven't charged them 1000 times yet. To go out and buy new batteries to test is an expensive trial and error process, especially because I'm worried that the problem may lie with the charger, which looks cheap and was packaged with the batteries. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem/ can offer any advice.

P.S. I always leave the batteries in the charger overnight (usually longer) and the charger is supposed to be one of those quick 30 min ones, so I'm also wondering if the batteries are losing there charge just sitting in the charger.

i had a problem similar to this but mine got worse until i could get no more than 5 minutes play out of it, so i sent my 2x back for repairs. though it does sound like this could be because of your charger. have you tried some disposible batteries?

Back