Gp2x Re-formatted My Sd Card Can Anyone Give Us A Hand?

ovaltine

Still Fresh
I recently got my GP2X and it was all working fine until for some reason it reformatted my sd card and now i can't store files on it i don't know if i can recover it or not as windows cannot open the folders and it won't let me delete them. Apparently the "file directory is corrupted or unreadable i don't know if this has happened to anyone else and if it has could some one please help!
Cheers

The GP2X did wha?

Were you messing around with Sterm? Correct me if I am wrong, but the only part the GP2X can format through any menus is the user portion of the NAND. It does not have an option to format your SD card, that sounds like the power went out when the GP2X was attempting to write to it.

Maybe try a Linux Live CD to try recover the data, Knoppix gets a lot of usage in my work place for data recovery, the most recent versions of it can mount NTFS/FAT32 drives that are un-readable under Windows due to corruption. If that fails, you have lost your data, try to reformat the card, using something like the HP format tool, or the Disk Management Console (start --> run --> diskmgmt.msc).

maybe you have removed the card while your PC hasnt completely written data to it?
have you unmounted it (if on a linux PC) or "removed" it? (windows pc)

if not, this can happen. with every usb storage device. had the same when i used a 2gb card with a cardreader.

This happened to me also after I upgraded my firmware. Then I formatted my nand on my GP2X through SYSTEMS. Not sure if it has anything to do with my sd, as it was also in my GP2X. 2.1.1 feels really buggy to me. Anyways, this has happened to my hard drive lots of times.

Access your SD through your GP2X or a card reader. Right click your SD CARD as a hard drive>>>PROPERTIES>>>Click on the TOOLS tab>>>Click CHECK NOW>>>CHECK both options that appear>>>START>>>>WAIT A LONG WHILE

That is how you recover your files. I'm going to do that to mines tonight after work =).

Back