Gp2x Reviews Section

Dzz

stmia r0!, {r2-r9}
Website
Visit site
I think it would be good for the gp2x community if there was a "Reviews" section exactly like the GP32 section (as was suggested by another poster in another thread). If the folks that run this discussion forum agree, can it be created?

Maybe this forum isn't the ideal place for reviews, but it's better than having no central review location.

Thanks for your consideration.

Dzz posted on Jul 17 2006 at 03:35 PM said:
I think it would be good for the gp2x community if there was a "Reviews" section exactly like the GP32 section (as was suggested by another poster in another thread). If the folks that run this discussion forum agree, can it be created?

I thought the suggestion of allowing people to vote on the quality of the review was quite novel. This was also suggested in the post I assume the op is referring to here.

Maybe this forum isn't the ideal place for reviews, but it's better than having no central review location.

Thanks for your consideration.

I think it is the ideal place for reviews. Provided the submitted reviews are checked before submission (like the news section) to weed out any 'this sux/this rox' type idiocy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the reviews forum doesnt happen here (although I dont see why it shouldnt) then I would be happy to create a new forum on mine for them. I can set it up so the reviews forum has its own RSS feed, checked before submission etc. If there are some regular reviewers I can give them moderation status to post reviews without being checked, post HTML so the reviews look nicer than standard posts etc.

Guyfawkes posted on Jul 17 2006 at 06:43 PM said:
If the reviews forum doesnt happen here (although I dont see why it shouldnt) then I would be happy to create a new forum on mine for them. I can set it up so the reviews forum has its own RSS feed, checked before submission etc. If there are some regular reviewers I can give them moderation status to post reviews without being checked, post HTML so the reviews look nicer than standard posts etc.
In that case I hope it doesn't happen on here ! You definately have my vote. It will definately benefit from having someone like you directing it. On these boards there would be no one person to give it focus.

It would be nice, then to have a sticky template thread that you could use to write your review. A thread with images and formatting for the headers already included. Just to ensure a uniform and easily browsable look to them. It'd also serve to make it easier to quickly browse through the threads in order to find the in-depth reviews.

all the ideas so far are definately possible with my forum software (same as this forums). a template can be put in a sticky post for everyone to use. uploading images and other files is possible but I need to change it around slighty if people want post in HTML format. for looking through existing reviews, the forum can be set at a default to be ordered by topic title alphabetically instead of the date/time of the last post.

I think it would be good for the gp2x community if there was a "Reviews" section exactly like the GP32 section
A better idea would be a review section exactly like the GP32 section should have been. From day one the GP32 review section ended up full of snes and megadrive reviews for some completely unexplainable reason. I don't care how it looks or who maintains it, just please keep it GP2X software only.

nickspoon posted on Jul 19 2006 at 11:36 AM said:
Post your reviews of both commercial and not commercial games (including emulated games), utilities and any related to GP2X programs.
That defies the point!

Yes! Exactly! Someone rub that bit about emulated games out! I don't want to see a single review of Super Mario Bros 3 or any other Nintendo, playstation, sega or other game!

Back