Gp2x Scart Adaptor Mod, For Problematic Tv's!

U

unlokia

Hey guys, I just want to start by raving about GP2X - it TRULY ROCKS!!!.

Okay, because this is my first ever post **N00b!** I wanted to contribute something that I have discovered, after literally HOURS of tearing my hair out/very angry words etc.

I am posting a modification image for the "S-VIDEO to SCART" adaptor that is generally in use, to connect a GP2X to a SCART compatible TV in the uk.

I had hours of fun and games trying to figure out *why* my GP2X was outputting a *MONOCHROME* (black and white, for those who don't know!) picture to my TV set.

Here is why... (See Image!)

Please feel completely free to copy/distribute and use this image, as much as you wish to, just as long as you keep my little stamp present in the bottom right corner ;).

Regards, Matt.

scart_mod_gp2x.jpg

Vimacs posted on Aug 12 2006 at 12:38 AM said:
well known and posted thousends of times.

Well hey then.... better to be posted AGAIN and given good coverage, than have some poor guy struggling wondering why on earth his tv is black and white :D.

I won't spam and I shall not post this again, but at least I contributed from my experience!!

Have fun!

PS: It's "Thousands" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Aug 11 2006 at 04:38 PM said:
I am finding that not many people read their TV owners manual (I may be too geeky, if that is possible), or try wikipedia.

I don't know how else they would find out, I learned about SCART that way back in my Sega Genesis/MegaDrive hacking days, I wanted to get an RGB connection out of it and NTSC TV's don't even have SCART.

I read up on SCART and S-Video and learned that many TV's don't support S-Video over Scart as it is not part of the Scart standard, but that S-Video to Composite adaptors are just a simple capacitor.

I often wonder why people don't just get an S-Video to Composite adaptor and use the regular A/V connection, isn't it cheaper?

(I have never even seen a Scart TV :p :D :), yet I keep bailing out SCART newbs, the net is a strange place).

ive got scart sockets and phono plugs but it was cheaper to get svhs male > female phono and use a male > male phono cable, than using a svhs/rca > scart converter (still need an extension cable with one, unless the gp2x is next to the tv).

unlokia posted on Aug 12 2006 at 12:47 AM said:
Vimacs posted on Aug 12 2006 at 12:38 AM said:

Well hey then.... better to be posted AGAIN and given good coverage, than have some poor guy struggling wondering why on earth his tv is black and white :D.

I won't spam and I shall not post this again, but at least I contributed from my experience!!

Have fun!

PS: It's "Thousands" ;)
Well I did not know that and I have been hanging here for years..

So thanks!

Back