Gp2x Tv-out On Commodore 1084s

adso

Still Fresh
Hi all. Today i bought a gp2x tv-out cable and a s-video to composite adaptor (jack rca: 1084s doesn't have a scart) to connect my Gp2x to a glorious Commodore 1084s. But there's a little problem: it shows only black and white colours either with PAL and NTSC settings.
I tried also tv-fixer app but it didn't fix my issue..
Any idea?

adso posted on Mar 7 2007 at 09:12 AM said:
Hi all. Today i bought a gp2x tv-out cable and a s-video to composite adaptor (jack rca: 1084s doesn't have a scart) to connect my Gp2x to a glorious Commodore 1084s. But there's a little problem: it shows only black and white colours either with PAL and NTSC settings.
I tried also tv-fixer app but it didn't fix my issue..
Any idea?

Check this out, it should help. It's the 1084s manual. Specifically, I'd give this a try:

7. CVBS/RGB -- A switch used to alternate between an RGB (Red-Green-Blue)
and CVBS (Composite Video Signal).
8. CVBS/LCA -- A switch used to alternate between LCA (Luminance, Chroma,
Audio) input and CVBS input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but i already tried switching those buttons..nothing changed :(

The adapter you bought may not actualy connect the pins together but just drops some, which is fine for some devices but not for the gp2x.
Try connecting svideo pin 3 and 4 together, this should help.
180px-Mini-din-4.svg.png

Vimacs posted on Mar 7 2007 at 04:25 PM said:
The adapter you bought may not actualy connect the pins together but just drops some, which is fine for some devices but not for the gp2x.
180px-Mini-din-4.svg.png
uhmm..i have a male s-video connector which ends with a rca composite. The male connector has all 4 pins..

adso posted on Mar 7 2007 at 07:36 AM said:
Vimacs posted on Mar 7 2007 at 04:25 PM said:
180px-Mini-din-4.svg.png
uhmm..i have a male s-video connector which ends with a rca composite. The male connector has all 4 pins..

That doesn't mean they are connected to anything.

nubie posted on Mar 7 2007 at 05:36 PM said:
Then do you suggest to do a bridge between pin 3 and 4 in gp2x cable tv-out or my adapter?

adso posted on Mar 7 2007 at 08:41 AM said:
nubie posted on Mar 7 2007 at 05:36 PM said:
Then do you suggest to do a bridge between pin 3 and 4 in gp2x cable tv-out or my adapter?
They connect together so it is immaterial. Using a 10 uf (picofarad) ceramic capacitor is usually recommended.

Whichever is easiest to connect.

The 1084s also has Y/C input, would be better using this for the quality.

However, I remember there's a switch somewhere (at the back?) which switches between Y/C and CVBS mode.

Thanks to all guys but.. I realized that my adapter (which comes from a bundle of a VGA card) is not good for gp2x: i also tried it on a TV with same results:B&W. I'm planning to buy a new adapter :D

Yep, the ones bundled with a VGA card don't work.
They don't have a connection between the two pins, they simply route one pin through and the PC itself does the CVBS output.

Back