Gp2x Slowness

My gp2x has crashed at least 30 times since i bought it, psp mabye 2 times, running beta homebrew code...

PSP has a sleep function for a reason, because once the game loads, it's instant after that when you put it to sleep...

BUT, new wrestling games blow.... especially when they are released for multiple consoles

nubie posted on Feb 25 2006 at 06:14 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 25 2006 at 10:04 AM said:
am I the only one who laughed when the 'o rly' owl came up?!?!?

ROFL, I know that owl cracks me up :D :lol: :lol:
Me too! :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
quiterly3bq.jpg

I'll say, dost thou have it without all the fuss? (clear picture of the owl please, no hats or monocles; I was unable to find it on Google :()

- Alex

Polymira posted on Feb 25 2006 at 08:26 AM said:
It's just a specific game...

Try one of the actual decent games out there, load times aren't much of an issue... especially when loading from the memory stick

Yes and no. Midnight Racing and Sims2 both have horrible load times, only beaten by this game. But, keep in mind that load time (from what I understand) is only when you are using a custom wrestler. If you avoid that feature (which crashes quite often anyway), you can get the load times down to about the same as Midnight Racing and Sims2, which while non fantastic, is better.

And that owlie pic posted was utterly awesome :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVED the background music!! (Boots Randolph, Yakkity Sax ... thanks, Google ;))

If you're going to trash the PSP in a GP2X forum, you're alot better off bashing the competing factor - the homebrew (scene). I don't have a PSP and don't want one, but taking the load time from one crappy game (which uses UMD, unlike all homebrew) isn't relevant at all.

Jeez, making us GP2X fanboys look bad. Have a little dignity. :(

It's true you can't compare load time from the gp2x to the PSP but still, that vid was really amazing. I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me.

It was pretty much a worst case scenario in the video but all the same that was pathetic. Even if it cut the load time in half by selecting exhibition mode and having entrance videos off, it would still be pathetic.

Back