Gp2x Video Converter V0.1a

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Gp2x Video Converter v0.1a by StreaK [streak@go2.pl]
[www.psxdev-pl.yoyo.pl // www.4floor.yoyo.pl]

Its an application to convert between many avi/mpeg/mpg
formats to gp2x mplayer compatible *.AVI 320x240 format.
Its useable when you want to watch avi movie without any
slideshows :p and without power-consuming overclocking
option.

BTW. Right after conversion, converted file appears
in gp2x video converter folder in "output.avi" file

StreaK

gp2xvideoconverter.gif

Direct Download:
Gp2X Video Converter v0.1a

Every comment welcome :D

Good stuff! Surprised we didn't get a gp2x-specific convertor sooner. Plus I'm too lazy to manually figure out ffmpeg. :)

Cheers!

Nice job Streaker!

Was looking for something to do this quickly without having to go through a whole bunch of settings a couple weeks ago.

nice now all we need one for Linux , with a cool interface like this one.

Ive tryed this, And I must say that I really like this program. But I notised sometimes the converter won't finish converting the file, or the file becomes corupted when it's converted. So even if its an Avi file, it still won't play on my GP2X. But I like the idea, because otherwise I'd have to go out and buy A $50.00 program to do the same thing.

Keep working on it!
~Classic Team (Mygames19)

is it possible with this to cue up a load of video to convert?

i'd like to be able to setup my pc to encode my whole film collection and leave it running overnight.

Classic Team said:
Ive tryed this, And I must say that I really like this program. But I notised sometimes the converter won't finish converting the file, or the file becomes corupted when it's converted. So even if its an Avi file, it still won't play on my GP2X. But I like the idea, because otherwise I'd have to go out and buy A $50.00 program to do the same thing.

Keep working on it!
~Classic Team (Mygames19)
If it doesn't work, try Super. Google it, it's the best thing for Windows, but kind of complicated so it's not for noobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
I didn't try your app because I don't use windows, but it looks really good :)
I usually do my video convertion for gp2x with mencoder for linux.

I was wondering which video settings do you use...

I usually encode with DivX codec, 320x240 resolution, 25 fps. With 128 bitrate mp3 audio.
(although I could chose any other audio or video codecs and format options, since mencoder is very flexible).

This settings work well for low disk space usage. What do you think would be best for battery consumption? That's my main concern now.

Back