Gp2x Wiz Review Published

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a single WiZ game on the internet includes an INI and making your own can be tedious and time consuming.

Sorry, but my game B'lox! comes with an .ini file, although you might have missed it. And creating an .ini takes only a few seconds with WordPad. I'm pretty sure that most games will come with one eventually - it is still very early days. Other than that, pretty good review. :)

Nice review. I thought that the GP2X was comfortable, though. Ugly as hell, but comfortable. And even though the batteries that came with it would die after 30 minutes, my rechargables would get me a good 4-5 hours easily. Won't argue with the cheap feel or the horrible controls. Anyway, good review. Thanks.

Good review, we need more like this. :)

brakken: Do you try new firmware 1.0.1? It'll give you huge video-performance enhancement.

photo_small.jpg
Some reason i think this is you .... lol nice drawing of your self for an avatar though ... I wish i was talented

it isn't confirmed that there won't be any commercial games yet.
Well, the platform is completely open. Anyone could make one. If the game is released on different platforms it might be even feasible from a financial standpoint - of course that's only true if the porting takes virtually no effort. If it's Wiz-only breaking even is probably next to impossible - even if the budget was very low.

Let's see how that GPH "app store" turns out.

Nice review, one thing I picked up on though was that you said there will be no commercial games for the Wiz. GPH will be releaseing some commercial games, an updated Her Knights is one and a lot more in the pipeline as there's some exciting stuff to come you know :)

Not a single WiZ game on the internet includes an INI and making your own can be tedious and time consuming.
Sorry, but my game B'lox! comes with an .ini file, although you might have missed it. And creating an .ini takes only a few seconds with WordPad. I'm pretty sure that most games will come with one eventually - it is still very early days. Other than that, pretty good review. :)

I wrote this before that game came out.

Hello All,

I've recently reviewed the WiZ. You can find the review URL below.

http://www.iso420.org/general/gp2x_wiz/index.htm

Enjoy!
Rather nice, now I don't feel pressured to make one with my small ammount of time xD

Though the links to your website for game downloads is pretty fail, seeing as how there is NOTHING there. Why not just link to the real database?
The database counter is broken and I'm not sure how to fix it, but there are files in dem dare categories.

brakken: Do you try new firmware 1.0.1? It'll give you huge video-performance enhancement.
No, I haven't tested v1.0.1 .... I read the instructions on how to install it and was left scratching my head in confusion. Would you mind explaining the installation process?

Back