Gp2X Wiz Vs Pandora

klikklak said:
If they're aiming to stand out with a gimmick, my bet is on a accelometer. Pity, I got interested when I had no info, and after that misinfo I think I'm looking forward more to what the chinese will come up with.
In the video he specifically said that they would bring something totally new into their next console, something that no one has done before. I'm still excited for the next console, even if hoping for no flaws is wishful thinking... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
chickendung said:
In the video he specifically said that they would bring something totally new into their next console, something that no one has done before. I'm still excited for the next console, even if hoping for no flaws is wishful thinking... ;)

He said a lot of things that weren't very true, so I take that with a grain of salt :/

Exophase said:
Wow, that was some video.

"Our games are similar to the DS or much better than them. And even the prices are cheaper than them."
"And even the battery takes like four to five hours, more than the DS and the PSP."

The only information on the new handheld is that it'll have a 3.5" LCD (I can hear DaveC weeping) and that it'll have something that nothing else has. I wonder if Pandora's looming arrival finally lit a fire under their ass?
I think many of us will be weeping. It will probably be that same bad LCD with a terrible viewing angle they have been using in the GP2X. While the GP2X LCD didn't ghost much and the contrast was OK for an LCD, it sucks when compared to even a mediocre OLED.

This will probably just be a stripped down cheapoo console to compete with the Gemei stuff so it will probably be crap with an emphasis on low cost.

Accelometer:

chickendung said:

Yeah, but DS nor PSP hasn't got it, so it would be 'new'. I can't really think of anything else they'd have money for. Unless it's Pixel QI, which is highly highly unlikely. But yeah, doesn't look that good IMO, just recycling gp2x design again to compete with Gemei.

Back