Gp2xcc 0.50b - Public Released

Redeeman posted on Oct 14 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
i dont mean to be rude or critizise your work, but after (very quickly i admit) looking through the code, it appears alot harder to extend than gmenu2x. gmenu2x looks more clean.

I understand that currently it isn't pretty. I frequently point out that this is my first real attempt at any C program. So I'm learning as I go.

I frequently find better ways of doing things. Any code that uses the totality of the C++ paradigm is going to look cleaner than my current C/C++ hybrid code. However, as far as extensibility is concerned, it's actually not very hard at this stage to add new features. For example, the whole filemanager functionality took suprisingly little time and effort once I started to work on it.

Coming from a PHP 3 & 4 background, classes are something of an enigma to me. To a C++ purist I'm sure my code looks like a steaming pile. I encourage critizism, as I improve as a C++ programmer, Sycophant will likeways improve in just as many ways. I plan on making the shift to classes once I get more comfortable with the concepts of them, once that happens, I'm sure that the existing code will come together in a much more logical manner.

I would like more productive suggestions, than just "your code doesn't look as clean as someone elses", but I take what I can get, so no offense taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont have time to read through the code right now, but if i get time ill do, and give more production suggestions, however, in the mean time you could look at gmenu's aproach, it may give you inspirations :)

about object oriented vs functional programming, well... use what makes sense to you, mixing functional and object oriented isnt always bad :)

Back