Gp2xengine Overclocking

geise69

Hi all! I've been making overclocking scripts for my programs in the new FW 2.0. All of them are fine, but with gp2xengine it already has overclocking enabled in the emulator up to 266. Is it possible for me to make a script to overclock it to 285mhz or greater, or will the gp2xengine's overclocking automatically override it keeping it set at 266?

I can't help you as I'm a newbie but you can help me by giving me an example of script, cause I'd like to overclocked Quake and some other progs.
Thanks

If it has built in overclocking upto 266mhz, then thats the highest it'll go, unless you can get the program to leave it alone (perhaps try it on 200mhz in the emu, and use your overclocking script to attemp 280?)

Squidge posted on May 3 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
If it has built in overclocking upto 266mhz, then thats the highest it'll go, unless you can get the program to leave it alone (perhaps try it on 200mhz in the emu, and use your overclocking script to attemp 280?)

Thanks for the replies, but sadly it doesn't work. I'll just have to wait and see if the emulator gets a speed increase in future releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can alter the sourcecode ... hermes provides it with the binary.

Open the file called main.c and scroll to line 1066.

After
Code:
case 266:gp2x_speed=150;break;
you can and new lines with new speeds or you could just alter the existing ones.

An example of the codeblock after modification could look like:
Code:
if(new_key & GP2X_R)
		{
		switch(gp2x_speed)
			{
			case 150:gp2x_speed=166;break; 
			case 166:gp2x_speed=180;break; 
			case 180:gp2x_speed=200;break; 
			case 200:gp2x_speed=220;break; 
			case 220:gp2x_speed=240;break; 
			case 240:gp2x_speed=250;break; 
			case 250:gp2x_speed=266;break;
			case 266:gp2x_speed=280;break;
			case 280:gp2x_speed=300;break; 
			case 300:gp2x_speed=150;break;
			}

After that you have to do equivalent modifications to line 1083 and 1264 ... then you have to compile the whole shit.

geise69 posted on May 4 2006 at 03:14 AM said:
Thanks for the replies, but sadly it doesn't work. I'll just have to wait and see if the emulator gets a speed increase in future releases.

I don't know if Gp2xengine will be getting updated in the future, but I'm still working on Squidgengine, with the idea of that I would like it to run full speed underclocked by default (ie. less than 200Mhz).

god_at_hell posted on May 4 2006 at 04:42 AM said:
You can alter the sourcecode ... hermes provides it with the binary.
LOL, i just wonder if he can compile it afterwards?

Would the Dev setup from the wiki do it?

god_at_hell posted on May 4 2006 at 10:23 AM said:
my setup does :) ... i recompiled it with the speeds 280 and 300mhz included.

get it here.

Thank you all for the help. I must've setup devcpp wrong cause I'm getting errors out of the wazzoo. Thanks for the help though. I followed the setup and everything for setting up sdl and everything. I'll mess with it more later to see where i went wrong. I think file paths might be wrong. I'm diving into more than I can do at the moment, so I'll just mess around with it later when I read up a bit more. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Back