Gp2x's New Image

Nightmaresquad2 posted on Oct 9 2005 at 08:34 AM said:
Rip the rubber thing off.
Put tape over the LED yellow light to dim it.

Problem solved.

:lol:

I was thinking of ripping of the rubber things, but I would never have the nerve to do anything like that to my gp2x.

I don't think it is a LED, (I could be wrong) its just really bright yellow paint. Plus who wants tape on their system.

I did not mean to sound picky, just pointing out a few things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, much sexier than the first edition model. Im not sure what to make of the white border yet, I personally think it would have been better if it were a little less bold maybe a grey instead of white? But thats not a big issue.

I think the battery buldge is smaller than previously aswell but it will still be a pain. Im suprised they didnt put the batteries in single file order like in a torch for example.

Looking at it again now that it's not 5 AM I'm noticing new things. The stick has been given a rough textured surface for more grip. I suppose this is a compromise for those who wanted the concave stick. If the surface is rubber like the PS2's Dual Shock 2 stick that might be helpfull but if it's plastic then it'll get worn flat in a year of regular use like the original Dual Shock thumbsticks (I had to run sand paper across mine to get grip again).

The yellow power symblo is not what lights up, in the very first image you can clearly see an LED to the left of it and one to the right of the Battery symbol

GPH said there'd be no multiplayer through the USB port so that's out, unless some genius figures it out so worying about the ports on the right side of the controller is useless.

The battery compartment might be a little annoying to see but it will probably end up being a good place to prop you rmiddle fingers on when you play so ergonomically it seems to be a good thing atleast.

Wow, my faith is restored. If that is how the final unit looks like I am really satisfied :)

Btw, funny how they tried to hide the power cable in a shadow on those 'turned on' pictures :D

Ninjia^ posted on Oct 9 2005 at 04:56 PM said:
Im not sure what to make of the white border yet, I personally think it would have been better if it were a little less bold maybe a grey instead of white? But thats not a big issue.
I think that the white line around the screen is just the border of the protective glass. If they sanded the edge it would have that white reflective quality. It's hard to tell for certain though because in the first pic it looks more like white paint. But if you look at the second picture it looks more like a sanded edge.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 9 2005 at 09:22 AM said:
GPH said there'd be no multiplayer through the USB port so that's out, unless some genius figures it out so worying about the ports on the right side of the controller is useless.

It looks like it also says "DC" on that spot, which isn't a good sign. Is that where we'll be plugging the power in when we're not using batteries? :(

Ravnos posted on Oct 9 2005 at 03:49 PM said:
It looks like it also says "DC" on that spot, which isn't a good sign. Is that where we'll be plugging the power in when we're not using batteries? :(

Yes that is definitly where the power is plugged in.

You can see the power cord coming down the reviewers right hand while he's holding he powered units. he probably has an L shaped plug on his PSU, which isnt an worse than using the PSP's charger/adapter... unless mayne if you REALLY hold your systems tight.

Julius posted on Oct 9 2005 at 03:54 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Oct 9 2005 at 03:49 PM said:
It looks like it also says "DC" on that spot, which isn't a good sign. Is that where we'll be plugging the power in when we're not using batteries?  :(

Yes that is definitly where the power is plugged in.

acually if you check the pic where he's testing the GP2X. He has the power cable plugged in...

Alpha2 posted on Oct 9 2005 at 10:03 AM said:
You can see the power cord coming down the reviewers right hand while he's holding he powered units. he probably has an L shaped plug on his PSU, which isnt an worse than using the PSP's charger/adapter... unless mayne if you REALLY hold your systems tight.

I have a death-grip on my portables in case gravity gets reversed and it floats away on me. :p

Prophet posted on Oct 9 2005 at 07:37 AM said:
Yes it is very NGPC looking. :) Just imagine a NGPC emu running on it full speed with sound someday... Finally having backlit NGPC games... *drool*

Damn I'm getting very impatient waiting for it now. :p
:) we still wait

Back