GP2X Gp2Xsand For Wiz

Animan

Still Fresh
Will anybody be willing to port GP2XSand to the Wiz? This was one reason I got the Wiz, until I found out GP2X games needed to be ported. I would port it, but I don't know how to.

The source code is here:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,1615

Thanks.

Hey, just saw this. I compiled it with the Open2X toolchain and it seems to run great. Please test it, if it runs okay I will upload it to the archive. Download link

To install, extract the game folder to SD and run WizSand from the games menu. Instructions are in game/WizSand/readme.txt

Thanks! Was it really that easy? If it was, I gotta figure out myself.

Glad to see this finally ported.

In this case, it really was. The original game did not use any code specific to the GP2X's hardware, and all the controls mapped directly to Wiz as you'd expect. If you'd like to get started, here's a short summary of what I did, feel free to ask questions:

1. First, you'll need a toolchain (compiler and libraries). I use the Open2x one with the prebuilt libraries to compile things for both GP2X and Wiz, it works great.

2. Now you'll need to compile the game's sources: the .c files in source.tar.gz/source/src/. You do this by calling a makefile (essentially a small script), I made a short one for Wiz in source.tar.gz/source/make_wiz/. Type 'make' in the terminal from that location, if all goes well you'll get the Wiz-Sand.gpe file.

It runs great, but could somebody add this - when you touch the screen, i often find the mouse cursor very disturbing... could someone add the ability to hide mouse when a touchscreen is used??

Alex. said:
In this case, it really was. The original game did not use any code specific to the GP2X's hardware, and all the controls mapped directly to Wiz as you'd expect. If you'd like to get started, here's a short summary of what I did, feel free to ask questions:

1. First, you'll need a toolchain (compiler and libraries). I use the Open2x one with the prebuilt libraries to compile things for both GP2X and Wiz, it works great.

2. Now you'll need to compile the game's sources: the .c files in source.tar.gz/source/src/. You do this by calling a makefile (essentially a small script), I made a short one for Wiz in source.tar.gz/source/make_wiz/. Type 'make' in the terminal from that location, if all goes well you'll get the Wiz-Sand.gpe file.

When I have some free time, I'll play around with this. Maybe modify the game a little. I might give the ability to see what element you currently have active, as you have to do guess work to figure out what element is selected. It almost ruins it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back