Gp32 Adaptor Voltage.

GP40

I'm looking for an adaptor for my BLU but dont want to blow it up.

The sticker on the back says 2V, but at the socket it says 3V, is 3V right (AA+AA=3V). And the pin is negative, shield positive?

TIA :)

Yeah, I also want a UK adaptor for playing in bed, Firmware flashing and playing games at 166mhz. Did Craig use to stock a compatable adaptor, or was that just a dream?

EDIT: Why dosen't Craig stock a compatable adaptor?

It's better to get a dedicated 3v regulated adaptor rather than a multivoltage one - that way you can't select the wrong voltage. If you live in the UK then Maplin Part No MG76H (£5.99) works fine. However there is one slight problem - it comes with a range of plugs, and from my memory none of them fit the GP32. You have to buy another plug separately( the hollow plug has external diam of 2.3mm). I just checked the latest Maplin catalogue and it looks like you can only find it in a set (N96AP or N97AP - £2.99 each). Hope this helps.
PS I've also heard that a GBA adaptor works, but I don't know any more.

This may be a bit expensive,

http://www.dixons.co.uk:80/martprd/store/d...sm=null&tm=null

But it is the exact one i use and brought from the same place and it comes with the right connector for the GP32. Plus it has enough power for use with my network hub, My creative labs travelsound speakers, My Psion series 5 and loads of other things. Obviously when im not using it with my GP32.

Trooper

TheGatesofBill posted on Oct 15 2004 at 12:06 AM said:
If memory serves a GBA adapter works, but you have to swap the polarity.

yup, You just get a GBA mains adaptor and cut the wire, and wire it up the oposite way :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with the GBA power supply and most Universals is that they have a low 300-350ma rating.

So if you overclock, you won't be able to overclock as high as you can with good 2100ma batteries.

I'd take a look at this.

Radioshack Multi Voltage Power Bank

It's a portable power bank (like using mutiple battery sets w/o swapping them out),
AA (up to 4 batteries) battery charger and Universal Ac Adapter (with 1000 Ma max [I have no idea what that means] ). Someone said in a old gp32 review that it works if you choose a A type adaptaplug, oreint it correctly, and set the voltage to 3 volts. I haven't got my gp32_console yet so I don't know if that would work. It's designed to work with US AND other power, so it should work in that aspect.

Back