GP32 Gp32 Development

dragonforce-europe

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hi!,

this is my first post here so i hope i dont get flamed ;).

I have seen so far that games are being developed in C. But are there any other choises then c?

The problem is that i would like to develop. but have no knowledge at all of C. ( i would like to learn it tough, just dont know how long it would take me to)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (and links to any site too)

best regards,

Vyeyendra Ramnares

Indeed, there is at least one alternative, but I don't think writing your games in 100% pure arm assembly is
exactly what you want. ;)
Another way is programming in C++ which seems to be easier for people who don't like to program in the
classical, procedural way. But as C is a subset of C++ you need to know the C basics anyway.
I think you are interested in something like blitzbasic or darkbasic for the gp32. Well, who isn't? ;)
There would be hundreds of new developers in no time. ;) Sadly, there isn't anything like that at the moment.

well, someone is working on somekind of basic... the best is learning by doing, you can learn C with gp32 in well, let's say 2-3 month to make first little games like pong or stuff....

with somethng like GDL (well, GDL is not that good and bad documented) programming is nearly as easy as GameDev...

synkro posted on Feb 14 2004 at 09:35 AM said:
well, someone is working on somekind of basic... the best is learning by doing, you can learn C with gp32 in well, let's say 2-3 month to make first little games like pong or stuff....

with somethng like GDL (well, GDL is not that good and bad documented) programming is nearly as easy as GameDev...
is gdl still supported? or should i say still in development? and what is the site about it?

it does sound interesting to use it tough if its still in development.

Regards,

Vyeyendra Ramnares

Last edited by a moderator:
GDl was started by rov, I don't knwo if he is still working on it. Fagemul released some nice jum-n-run demos with a modified GDL. check out the french board over at www.gp32news.com for more info...

Back