Gp32 Emulator

thumpgun

Zombie club life member
Website
Visit site
is there or is anybody working on a gp32 emulator for the gp2x, as i said this we machine has a lot of good stuff on it and 90% wont getted ported over to the gp2x, i posted this in emulators , i decided to repost here for more opinions, there was only 1 which said it couldnt be done, but isn't the software in both systems nearly the same .? :blink: ....

In short, no.

What specifically do you want to see on the GP2X that's exclusive to the '32? Maybe you can contact the author of said program and ask him/her nicely if they're interested in porting their project to the '2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the idea was kicked around to use virtualization to simulate the gp32 using the MMU and things like that of the 920 - the video framebuffer would have to be translated (the screen is oriented a different way in the gp32), as well as simulating sound and SMC accesses, etc... But it shouldn't be impossible to run programs that don't otherwise use the MMU, maybe even within linux if enough access to the MMU and related stuff is available.

It's a lot of work to get the hardware simulation working well enough to use it though, and nobody wants to start a large project like that.

Back