GP32 Front Light Information

esoteric_

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm completely blown away by the Gp32 front light video that was posted on the news page. It appears to be of the same construction that the Afterburner light is... no?

After trying to find out some information in #gp32dev on Efnet, Rino mentioned that it was a prototype from a company called Nano-Tech. Unfortunately he didn't provide me with information on where this video is from, if the company has a website, where he read that it was a prototype by them.................................

So back to square one. :(

I'd even like information on how to build one of these things myself, if it's possible. I think I remember reading about Afterburner when it was still a homebrew effort, was it not?

I was on the Portable Monopoly mailing list before the front light was renamed to Afterburner. The guy who designed it was some sort of engineering student in America who designed it for his course.

He could probably tell you where to source the components from.
Has anyone tried to fit the compontents from the GBA version into GP32?

Hi! I was looking for solutions to create a backlight for my gp32 then I found this website that sells fluorescent lamps small as a toothpick for $12.00
I emailed them today asking for more informations, but I belive it's possible to use it with gp32

Here is the website: http://www.flo-co.com

-_-

Well, here is some more info:

http://www.nanotek.com/sub2_1.htm

This is the company that makes the units. I don't remember if it mentions GP32 specifically, but it does mention PDA and GBA. As the GP32 is basically a PDA screen, I'm assuming this is the one that was used in the video.

So... now, we're pretty much back to square one:

I don't speak korean, I don't know if these could even be ordered in small numbers (like, 1 :)) and I don't know if any company is planning to make these into kits (though I did hear rumour of it).

If I only I knew Korean, I'd email the company and inquire about it (as the video apparently shows a prototype made *AT* Nanotek)...

<sigh> :)

Arlo

Back