Gp32 Gba

sayqustionsaskanswers

Still Fresh
gp32_console I wanted to know how fast the emulation on a gp32 actully is. Some say its fair while others say its slow. Also how do you put roms in the gp32. Do you convert it or trasfer it all in one shot? Thank you

in short, 30% speed with frameskip (VBA)
The other one only supports several modes (3 and 5 I think) and runs at 300% i think... on pdroms

sayqustionsaskanswers,

I apologise for the less than helpful responses that you have had above, I see that you have just become a member yesterday -- welcome.

Answers to your questions:

There is an old emulator that runs extremely slowly, perhaps 1 fps. This is called VBA and really isn't worth downloading.

However, there is a GBA emulator in the early stages of development that looks promising which is not functional as far as games are concerned, and probably won't be for a long time yet.

If you are thinking of buying a GP32 because you only want to play GBA games, then don't bother.

As for putting roms on the gp32_console , I would advise you install GPDrive and all you do is start the program on the gp32_console and plug in the USB cable -- windaz will detect the device like a plug and play harddrive and you simply drag-and-drop the games you want (you don't need wipe the whole card each time you use it like flash cartridges).

** Please be nice to newbies, these type of replies (yaustar excluded) probably scare away a lot of newbies who are the future of our community **

and the gba emu currently in progress isn't vaporware (i think i used that work right) either
the maker already put out a tech demo that works really well but doesn't run commertial games yet
it will be very very good soon

but genesis and snes are great as of right now and the snes emu is do for an update soon

Back