gp32 Genesis

look posted on Sep 7 2003 at 12:42 AM said:
who's currently testing Fgen?

They're not making much progress through the ROMs.
Well the site was created with fGen in mind, and about 5 active testers have worked to bring 90 rom reviews in. However, genemu has slightly more than 5 testers, as I spammed the URL to everyone when the emu was publically released. Hence almost 400 reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
skysnapper posted on Sep 7 2003 at 10:22 PM said:
Can't see why it shouldn't run at full speed with sound. I can run kgen on my ancient p133 non mx brick of a laptop.

Sonic runs extremely smootly with sound.
Except remember your x86 is different to the ARM, a processor with no hardware division and a reduced instruction set. While native games are actually faster, ported games usually take a speed hit during conversion. Also the C core is somewhat unoptimised.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am waiting for a .bin compatible emulator. It's not because I'm lazy, on the contrare, I spent two hours the other day on this. Only about 1/10th of my roms actually convert properly, so I am unable to even test many of my games.

what converter are you using?

I use RomConv but you can only do one converstion each time you load the program otherwise you get an error.

so you exit and then reload.

I've only had problems converting [F] Roms

I am working on a VB GUI front end for smd2bin ... should be done in about an hour.

Back