Gp32 Official News!! New Info!!

Drumaster posted on Mar 24 2004 at 07:32 PM said:
Anyway, GBA Emulation is getting Very Close on the GP32
Not very close yet, far again...

Well its getting Closer, Some day I beleive it will be possilbe :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww, rasberries! That makes my FLU look like a sick glow-worm. Maybe I can sell mine off on Ebay when they get to spain, I can probably import one pretty cheap from there :) . All depends on the battery life and the quality RAM used (overclocking is definitely important now GBA emulation is starting to kick off again).

Drumaster posted on Mar 24 2004 at 02:32 PM said:
there are only a few smal issues that put it behind the GBA (ram, sound hardware, and games)
Gp32 : 8MB
GBA : 256 Ko

So stop saying rubbish Alpha2, thanx! ;)
Hey I'm not saying rubbish, I'm jusy going by the things people developing for it have been saying since I got here: that the GP32's ram was a problem for them. I have to think that it was probably in relation to emulation of systems with more ram then it. As for sound if the cosumer games could just like that annoying little crackling thing that some games do when playing music it really could out do the GBA in most senses even for a 3 year old system.

If the GBA really is 256k ram (I was under the impression it was > GP32) then it's emmulation scene is definatly crap compared to GP32s. Probably the only thing they'll get is what they have now concidering what people seem to have deal with on the GP.

Last edited by a moderator:
That ram difference thingy kinda makes sense, the GBA doesn't run the program off of a flash card with a file system, its got ROM (or flash faking ROM) instead. For GP32 the 8megs of ram has to hold the program, or a good chunk of it and any data currently being used.

Back