Gp32 On Usenet

rackbox

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Is there any newsgroup on usenet about GP32? If not - would it be an idea for us to make one? Perhaps a binary group where we can share legal roms for different emus and native progs for the GP32. And then leave all discussions on this board (which by the way is great!)

Good idea i think you have to contact admin for this (not sure) there may already be one but not on usenet :D

rackbox posted on Mar 28 2004 at 01:31 PM said:
Is there any newsgroup on usenet about GP32? If not - would it be an idea for us to make one? Perhaps a binary group where we can share legal roms for different emus and native progs for the GP32. And then leave all discussions on this board (which by the way is great!)
Dude, you totally got the idea of newsgroups wrong. Newsgroups are for discussion, not for binaries. Binaries on usenet are one bad habit. If you need to download legal "roms", try pdroms.de or gp32x.de.

Last edited by a moderator:
don posted on Mar 28 2004 at 02:54 PM said:
Dude, you totally got the idea of newsgroups wrong. Newsgroups are for discussion, not for binaries. Binaries on usenet are one bad habit. If you need to download legal "roms", try pdroms.de or gp32x.de.
Just have to state, that I do not agree.. Usenet is an excellent way of sharing mulitple roms for easy download - no one suffers bandwidth (except your ISP, but they probably have enough anyway). Discussions are also very optimal on usenet, but I wouldn't like this forum to die and ppl to migrate to usenet being so much more anonymous. Hence the suggestion of keeping debate here.

Still quick news posts would IMO be easily implemented on a usenet group.

Just my opinion..

Regards
rackbox

I'm afraid you got it wrong yourself.

Klown posted on Mar 28 2004 at 05:29 PM said:
Is there any newsgroup on usenet about GP32? If not - would it be an idea for us to make one? Perhaps a binary group where we can share legal roms for different  emus and native progs for the GP32. And then leave all discussions on this board (which by the way is great!)
I'm afraid you got it wrong yourself.
elaborate........... (i have no idea wot the hell usenet is tho)

Usenet is that part of the internet that (usually) you can access as part of Outlook Express. There are different topics where people can post stuff specific to that topic. Most of usenet is open to all internet users.

Part of usenet is also for posting files (binaries). All usenet messages are present on your ISP's servers for a period of time.

Hope that explained..

Oh, but I just emphasized OE because most people know this client.. There are many ways to access usenet:

Google
Mozilla
XNews
Etc

Back