Gp32 Shells

After looking at it for a while, I think a way to do it is to use self-hardening clay to create a negative cast, and then use colored epoxy to create a positive cast which can be used as a replacement part.

Obviously it is more complicated than that, but people do it, so it is possible. I would love to have a go, but I just don't have the facilities for working with epoxy. And I have no idea if clay is really the best material to make a mold from. Most of the molds I have seen are in metal, and for that, you would need a lazer or something.

I wonder what the quote would be if you asked a molding company to reproduce the parts of the GP32 in black. Say for an order of a couple hundred, assuming there was enough demand.

I wonder what the quote would be if you asked a molding company to reproduce the parts of the GP32 in black. Say for an order of a couple hundred, assuming there was enough demand.

Would probably be pretty expensive. The initial cost is all in the mold once thats done the rest is easy and cheap. Thats provided you want a decent one anyway. Unless theres someone who works in the industry and could knock one up on the side (this time last year I could have done this but I changed jobs to be closer to home)

Back