Gp32 Tv Console

toxibunny

pretty much a theoretical question for the tech-heads amongst us...

I remember a few months ago on the boards, someone posted a pic of a pretty small motherboard that came with a processor very similar/the same as the gp32's processor, and (it was said) that if you could put the gp32 firmware on there and did a few other bits and pieces to it, that you could run gp32 software on it...

I think it might have also had an smc slot, too... *I think*

an interesting little diversion at the time, but really not worth it for the price......

But now that there's a lot more software for GP32, and the emulators have matured, etc... It doesn't seem like such a ridiculous project. Imagine a nice plug-into-your-TV GP32-compatible system, with some decent capacity storage medium, and the slots for 2 proper controllers... 32MB memory and highest clockspeed as standard...

I've had a look about on the web, searching google and ebay, but I don't really know what I'm looking for... can anyone help? i'd like something to bolster my imagination...

i don't know, if you want to know this for the fun building such a thing, or just for the practical reason having such a thing.

because you can buy an old pentium 3 system really cheap that can emulate everything upto snes and genesis and various computers. there are usb converters for playstation pads and converters for various joysticks (competition pro...).
and you can just put it on a tv, wich makes it a very impressive gaming station.

Get an Xbox and put a modchip in it to enjoy emus and apps on your TV!!!!

EDIT: Or just find a Dreamcast, it's less expensive but harder to find...

Ahh, the far-out theorys that never become anything. Now all we need is
Lina_Inverse saying:

"_____ would be a good idea, because ________ (completely unrealated mac-biased thingy. Try ____________ (link to useless mac proprietary software)."

So to get back to the question...

does anyone know what I should be searching for to find one of those things? or (long shot) a link to the original post?

You realize you'd have to BUILD a motherboard from scratch.
I've seen tons of motherboards, and I'm betting that'd be HELL.

EDIT: (I mean the custom arm thingy)

BLAH BLUB!

the thing you are looking for is a S3C2400 (or S3C2410 couse you wont find aS3C2400 one) developer board, but they arent cheap.

You could get one of those dev boards, but you'd still need a philips dac to get sound, and tweak the LCD controller to output to your TV.

good luck :)

cheers Vimacs, that's the fella. Yeah, they're too expensive, and I bet they don't crop up on Ebay very often either...

Back