You Could Make A Gp32 Home Console

onionfrog posted on Apr 14 2005 at 10:21 AM said:
Geepee32 only emulates a gp32 at 44mhz. Therefore even if a port just as good as the pc version was made for xbox(or anything else) it wouldnt be playable...
Fools... :angry: :rolleyes:

But someone could make a new version of GeePee32 that runs at 166 mHz. Then neither a PC version or Xbox version would be pointless, and the Xbox could become the home version of GP32 (through emulation).

Last edited by a moderator:
bourbon posted on Apr 14 2005 at 04:02 AM said:
Why not get a page projecter( we call it the ol' page at are school) and lay the gp32 on it point it to a wall and focous it good as a tv with out the nonexistant signal gen :p .

Bourbon

Overhead projector? I was thinking about an old DIA projector...

You know, the LCD is transparent, in BLU the BL shines trough.... I'm betting you could fit the innards of GP into a DIA projector easily.

I assume you call those things DIA too? :huh: I think ED was making a busted GP into a DIA viewer... :p

Here's a few thoughts for ya ;)

I'd think hacking the screen to create a projector is the easiest way to go.

Because the LCD is written to sideways on. That is the 'left edge' is really the 'top'!
If you want to display on a tv screen you'll need to put a frame buffer in between the GP and the tv to rotate the image ... or put the tv on it's side .. or your head :)

But it *may* be possible to rewrite the timing values from the CPU to emulate tv signals :)
And rewrite the lib functions not to look for LCD status signals.
And make them write the frame buffer upright
Then you'd just need a little electronic jiggery-pockery to get the levels set.

An interesting idea! -- for the dark winter nights ;) :lol:

EvilDragon posted on Apr 14 2005 at 08:00 AM said:
DemonStar55 posted on Apr 13 2005 at 10:52 PM said:
that would be cool and you can upgraded the gp32's ram while your at it and make it oc faster too

I think for the TV out you would just need a thing that connects to the ribon the screen goes to and it would work at least that's what the GBA TV out did

Won't work, it's MUCH more complicated.
The driver chip in the BLU is meant to send digital signals to the Samsung TFT screen.
There's NO TV encoded signal and no easy way to convert them.

AND: The GP32 doesn't even startup without LCD... so it looks like it needs some information back from the LCD to run...

I have a LCD-less NLU and it is still working! I use it to play mp3 at home
Maybe your BLU is not working OR the way BLU controls the LCD is different from NLU

JRyouK

JRyouK posted on Apr 14 2005 at 11:38 AM said:
EvilDragon posted on Apr 14 2005 at 08:00 AM said:
that would be cool and you can upgraded the gp32's ram while your at it and make it oc faster too

I think for the TV out you would just need a thing that connects to the ribon the screen goes to and it would work at least that's what the GBA TV out did

The driver chip in the BLU is meant to send digital signals to the Samsung TFT screen.

AND: The GP32 doesn't even startup without LCD... so it looks like it needs some information back from the LCD to run...

I have a LCD-less NLU and it is still working! I use it to play mp3 at home
Maybe your BLU is not working OR the way BLU controls the LCD is different from NLU

JRyouK

LOL

EvilDragon posted on Apr 13 2005 at 04:00 PM said:

If it won't work, why are we still talking about it in this thread? I don't remember reading that someone has found away around the GP32 not being able to convert tv signals and stuff.

AV out, I wish. It would be a brilliant portable console for holidays, no extra controller or case, just the GP, a TV and a lead :)

Back